OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fine =). Sometimes the flow will push the skin a little closer to the skeleton. Usually see this with my blastos myself during the late day when they're fully open
allows me to breathe a little haha! Thank you!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like a normal healthy Blasto to me. Remember to feed it - Not overfeed it

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9634 2.JPG
IMG_9633.JPG

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
something is going on for sure now:( this guy is turning more and more white as the days roll by... need help!!!

extremetang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially when I saw the first picture I was thinking the OP was just showing off his blasto [emoji6].
But if you’re seeing a noticeable discoloration of the blasto, especially turning whiter, perhaps bring it further away from direct light.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
something is going on for sure now:( this guy is turning more and more white as the days roll by... need help!!!

What are your current parameters and Salinity. When I had a false salinity ( Wrong reading), I took a water sample to LFS to find out my refractometer said 1.025 and it was at the store... 1.029. I lowered salinity and all bounced right back... stating this is not a cause but possibility

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially when I saw the first picture I was thinking the OP was just showing off his blasto [emoji6].
But if you’re seeing a noticeable discoloration of the blasto, especially turning whiter, perhaps bring it further away from direct light.
hahaha thanks! it's as low as it can go in the tank and to the side so it's not under direct lighting

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current parameters and Salinity. When I had a false salinity ( Wrong reading), I took a water sample to LFS to find out my refractometer said 1.05 and it was at the store... 1.029. I lowered salinity and all bounced right back... stating this is not a cause but possibility
water parameters are:
salinity 1.025
alk 209 ppm
ammonia 0.0
ph 8.0
nitrates and nitrites waiting for the test tubes to dry to run a test

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have much experience with blastos as I just got my first not to long ago, but how is yours holding up?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your alk is on the high side. I have the same blasto and keep my alk between 8 and 9 dkh.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have much experience with blastos as I just got my first not to long ago, but how is yours holding up?
So how’s the blasto doing?
I will say it did get a little worse. But I changed the lighting schedule a couple weeks ago to lower the amount of whites and I think it's been slowly getting better. It opens up fully just looks a little transparent around the mouth. Appreciate you guys asking! I'll upload some pictures once the everything wakes up;)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back