Blasto turning white??

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed about a week ago my blasto had some white marks on it. I thought they would go away but they seem to be sticking around. Wondering what you guys think it would be? It's popping out a lot of new heads and they all seem to be doing great! Thanks and happy reefing!
IMG_9557.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must be my eyes then... because that is gorgeous !!! With the blue lights it’s hard too see the whites .. so I can only imagine that the white spots are blue on this photo ?

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF194059-64BE-4288-B472-7C0D7FEAA90C.jpeg
Must be my eyes then... because that is gorgeous !!! With the blue lights it’s hard too see the whites .. so I can only imagine that the white spots are blue on this photo ?
Thank you! One of my favorite pieces! And yes, the picture makes the spots look blue. Here are the spots I was referring to.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AF194059-64BE-4288-B472-7C0D7FEAA90C.jpeg

Thank you! One of my favorite pieces! And yes, the picture makes the spots look blue. Here are the spots I was referring to.
Yes that’s what I thought , could be many things , I’d like too call my friends in from #reefsquad see if we can’t help you ..!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

I had the same blastos. When they we’re given to me, I placed them near the bottom.

They immediately sprouted 2 more heads. The prior owner couldn’t believe it as they never grew that fast for him.

We think the big difference was my lights were better spectrum wise.

I lost them due to an alk spike that was my fault.

I personally think they are adapting to your tank and lighting.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

I had the same blastos. When they we’re given to me, I placed them near the bottom.

They immediately sprouted 2 more heads. The prior owner couldn’t believe it as they never grew that fast for him.

We think the big difference was my lights were better spectrum wise.

I lost them due to an alk spike that was my fault.

I personally think they are adapting to your tank and lighting.
Works for me! Won't stress over it too much them but will definitely keep an eye! Thank you!!!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and these are insane! hoping mine look like that in the next couple years! any secrets??
Yours do look that good, it's all in the camera saturation. I agree with @mta_morrow they are adapting. You'll have an amazing colony in no time, they look healthy.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be the skeleton undernieght just close to the skin, in a way making it look like it's just some white patches!
Yeah that's what it looks like to me! Just don't know why it's showing like that all of a suddeno_O

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah that's what it looks like to me! Just don't know why it's showing like that all of a suddeno_O
Your fine =). Sometimes the flow will push the skin a little closer to the skeleton. Usually see this with my blastos myself during the late day when they're fully open

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back