Bleaching QT and removing bleach with safe

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2018
Messages
65
Reaction score
21
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone reccomend some cheap chlorine test strips, I'm about to bleach my qt and I want to use Safe/Prime to remove bleanch
 
All I do is add bleach to fresh water in QT tank, after a little time u drain tank and air dry it, that's what sterilizes it, then rinse with water, I use ro/di water for both.
 
I used tap water is that bad?
 
Shouldn't be, if you could, after you let the tank air dry I would use ro/di water to do a final rinse, if u cant then u should be fine, i just used tap water for my 40b QT tank to clean as I didnt feel like wasting 40 gals of ro/di water. If chlorine is still a concern u can always buy test strips from your LFS.
 
Shouldn't be, if you could, after you let the tank air dry I would use ro/di water to do a final rinse, if u cant then u should be fine, i just used tap water for my 40b QT tank to clean as I didnt feel like wasting 40 gals of ro/di water. If chlorine is still a concern u can always buy test strips from your LFS.
Okay! Thanks a lot!
 
If you allow your tank and equipment to thoroughly air dry following disinfecting with bleach, any residue will turn to harmless salt.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new