Blending salts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goldenboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goldenboy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunnyvale California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this is old information but I haven't tried blending salts my self. I've been interested in trying it out. Does anyone know any good salt blends out there? Heard people do it to save money or to get different parameters.


rich
 
I mixed my red sea coral pro with some instant ocean I had left over from my tank start-up. I didn't really notice any benefits of doing it.
 
I wouldn't your mixing two chemical make ups that might clash and not mix correctly thats just my two cents though.
 
I mix tropic Marin with RC, RC alone has a really high Alk.
 
Honestly, I think it is best to stick with what you know works for your aquarium. I made the mistake of switching to DD H2ocean and I am still dealing with the consequences. I mixed the salts to transition "properly" and it still did not work. I was trying to switch to what I was told was the best. I ended up with poor results. I recommend testing the first batch of each new container of salt. Also, remember to mix the salt mix before adding it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new