• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blind coral swap

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be in for zoa/paly. I have no SPS and common LPS but I got a bunch of zoa/paly. I am for a price slot that the frag/frags must fall into that is not to high that would exclude a large group of people.

Last edited:

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll say what everyone is thinking. This is a disaster waiting to happen on so many counts.

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll say what everyone is thinking. This is a disaster waiting to happen on so many counts.

I don't believe so there's a lot of good people on here I'm all for this I have some very nice z's n p's and acans I am putting in this but seems like not many are all for it lol

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I DON'T think this is what everyone is thinking. I think that this reply is actually the first truly negative response (not to bash your opinion, but I don't think most of us here share it). This just needs someone to lead it. I've got some nice frags that I'm willing to put up for this, and I see several others are too. I do think that someone needs to moderate it to know who is sending what to whom in order to make this work, but otherwise, I don't think this is a bad idea at all.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't believe so there's a lot of good people on here I'm all for this I have some very nice z's n p's and acans I am putting in this but seems like not many are all for it lol

I say let's make it happen! Who cares if it's small. Maybe it would be good to have a pilot group try it out first.

Kheebl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds like a great idea I wish I could participate but I am just starting out and all I have are common frags that nobody would want.

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dont agree that this is a disaster waiting to happen, there is the potential for it to happen but potential shouldnt be enough to stop you from doing things that you enjoy. Lets put it into every day perspective, you could be run over by a car for walking down the street will that stop you from talking a walk with your significant other on a beautiful day? You could have a heart attack in your sleep, does that stop you from sleeping? I know those are a bit overboard for analogies but seriously we could make this work, and work well if we put a little effort into it. Maybe make some type of requirement to be able to join the swap, like so much time of being a member with so many posts and if you dont send your frag out maybe you get restricted access to this website, and/or temp/perm bans from the site I'm sure we could have a very sucessful swap and make this into a multiple events during a year, but we've gotta have the right attitudes and put some work into it.

Mole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in response to the people who are doubtful this can work.

A pipe forum that I belong to has been doing a tobacco swap box for years... It works out just fine. It's a little different concept with there being a list and the box goes from one person to the next, the person who gets the box can take whatever they want as long as they replace what they took or add a little more. This has involved tobacco and pipes and gadgets. You don't have to replace the dollar value, only the quantity at a minimum. by the end of the year there is thousands of dollars worth of pipes and tobacco in the box and everyone is always happy about getting something they haven't tried before.

Just take a deep breath, realize that most people are trustworthy and that yes, every once in a while SOMEone who is a bad apple tries to ruin things for everyone else by not holding up their end of the bargain. That person just is not allowed to participate every again. I for one, think this is an outstanding idea. I'm in if it ever gets figured out logistically.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also dont agree that this is a disaster waiting to happen, there is the potential for it to happen but potential shouldnt be enough to stop you from doing things that you enjoy. Lets put it into every day perspective, you could be run over by a car for walking down the street will that stop you from talking a walk with your significant other on a beautiful day? You could have a heart attack in your sleep, does that stop you from sleeping? I know those are a bit overboard for analogies but seriously we could make this work, and work well if we put a little effort into it. Maybe make some type of requirement to be able to join the swap, like so much time of being a member with so many posts and if you dont send your frag out maybe you get restricted access to this website, and/or temp/perm bans from the site I'm sure we could have a very sucessful swap and make this into a multiple events during a year, but we've gotta have the right attitudes and put some work into it.

I agree. For that matter, every time you buy something from someone on here, you take a risk.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Tony_D

Tony_D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out of town in Houston for training last week so I wasn't on the forums much.

Looks like we have plenty of interested parties, let's move forward with this. I'll spear head it.

Do you guys want to do a free for all first time out or do you wat to select a type and go that route?

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free for all that's the excitement of this you don't know what your expecting to get let's get this Goin

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Free for all is fine with me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will hold out for a Z/P because I have enough LPS and soft and no lighting for SPS. Thanks

glamisracers

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we still planning on starting this? I have a lot of corals I'm going to start fragging but would like to give this swap a try first

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in. Just waiting for somebody to tell me how to go about making this happen. I've actually got a couple of pieces I can send.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back