Blonde naso tang swimming funny

bnevers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this blonde naso for a little over 3 months. He was 2-3 inches when we got him and is fat and happy. He has grown a little in that time, always eats a lot and mixed diet. I use nori, nori pellets, spirulina brine, mysis , and tdo- so he gets a very diverse diet. 3 days ago I noticed his stress spots out and he was only swimming at the top of the tank. A week ago I noticed a black freckle I thought it might be black ich but he continued to eat well and was eating food with garlic. The spot has now gone away. I decided to give him a 3 hours prazi bath two days ago in case it was black ich that was irritating him, but he is doing the same thing. I tried a fresh water dip today, nothing new yet. I’m wondering if he suddenly feels crammed in my tank 140 gallons? But he had no issues before and is still small, or given he is pointing up if he has swim bladder or some other intestinal disease. He hasn’t eaten for three days now. Any help would be appreciated . Tank is dirty- skipped normal water change this weekend to not stress him out further. No new fish added prior to this happening as well.

I’m

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 78.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back