blood orange hosting nem

NemesisAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone had luck with blood orange clowns hosting anything but carpet nems really? i had a carpet nem and a long tentacle nem, unfortunately lost the carpet nem which the clown was hosting a few weeks ago because of my own stupidity i let him get himself to close to a powerhead that didnt have anything to stop a nem from getting into it. he was all tangled up in it, got him out and he seemed fine for like a week and then he just started Desenigrating away to nothing in like a day. so ive still got the LT nem, but im just wondering has anyone had a lot of luck with them hosting anything else? thanks.

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone had luck with blood orange clowns hosting anything but carpet nems really? i had a carpet nem and a long tentacle nem, unfortunately lost the carpet nem which the clown was hosting a few weeks ago because of my own stupidity i let him get himself to close to a powerhead that didnt have anything to stop a nem from getting into it. he was all tangled up in it, got him out and he seemed fine for like a week and then he just started Desenigrating away to nothing in like a day. so ive still got the LT nem, but im just wondering has anyone had a lot of luck with them hosting anything else? thanks.
ِAre you asking about blood orange clowns specifically or clowns in general? Because I have a common clown that has been hosting my toadstool.

OP
OP
N

NemesisAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ِAre you asking about blood orange clowns specifically or clowns in general? Because I have a common clown that has been hosting my toadstool.
yeah blood oranges specifically, just looking to get them another anemone, but just wondering what ill have the most luck with. and was wondering if anyone has any tricks to get a clown to host a nem? have you heard of the trick where people put pictures of like a lionfish or other predator next to the tank and they like instantly run to an anemone? kind of curious if it actually works? lol.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my blood orange clowns host in the rainbow bubble tip anemones. Had one rbta established when I added them and the female was in it within a few hours. Ended up going back the lfs for two more rbta since she wouldn’t share the 1st or 2nd nem.

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah blood oranges specifically, just looking to get them another anemone, but just wondering what ill have the most luck with. and was wondering if anyone has any tricks to get a clown to host a nem? have you heard of the trick where people put pictures of like a lionfish or other predator next to the tank and they like instantly run to an anemone? kind of curious if it actually works? lol.
I dont think the type matters. They are all clownfish and they will most probably host something eventually, whether it is a coral or a nem. It might take a while though, but that is normal.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back