Blue hippo white spots

Macaroni9

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my blue hippo has some white spots on it I noticed yesterday. Should I be concerned with them?

IMG_2788.jpeg IMG_2789.jpeg IMG_2790.jpeg IMG_2787.jpeg IMG_2786.jpeg
 
So my blue hippo has some white spots on it I noticed yesterday. Should I be concerned with them?

IMG_2788.jpeg IMG_2789.jpeg IMG_2790.jpeg IMG_2787.jpeg IMG_2786.jpeg
These spots are mucus cones likely mixed with ich and a condition this fish is susceptible to. You will need to quarantine fish and treat in a separate tank. Often with this, other occupants will not show signs. Use coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
 
Upvote 0
So my blue hippo has some white spots on it I noticed yesterday. Should I be concerned with them?

IMG_2788.jpeg IMG_2789.jpeg IMG_2790.jpeg IMG_2787.jpeg IMG_2786.jpeg
I can see a sort of diffuse large spot above the bottom fin, is that what you’re looking at?
 
Upvote 0
Lets back up - is this a fish you have had? was it exposed to new fish? What other fish do you have in the tank? imho - the spots are difficult to see - but did you do a quarantine protocol? If not - I would say you should transfer all fish to a quarantine tank, and treat with copper and prazipro - and leave the display empty - let me know if there is more information you want to provide - it does not look like ich to me
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new