Blue Lighting Vs White

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 2 Kessil A360WE Blue Tuna led lights over my Red Sea 250. I’d like to have more of a blue light in the tank versus the white light. Can someone guide me on how I can obtain that type of led light color without sacrificing the par levels? More of a blue actinic color that I’m striving to achieve.

Last edited:

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add another Kessil and run it all white and the other 2 all blue. I change mine up on occasion mainly for the different looks, I will have every other one all blue and the others all white, it makes for a really visual appealing mix for the corals and fish, and to be honest I don't worry about par with all the lights. Just for reference I recently replaced a 90g with this 180g and took down my 50g and 40g tanks thus I figured what the heck, might as well use em!
20210724_185538.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my Kessil lights are running off a GHL controller. I decided to unplug the GHL controller and go back to the using the Kessil A series spectral controller. Same issue. No matter how much I adjust the lights, I can’t get them blue. Only white. So I decided to test the lights just having them daisy chained and strictly using the blue knob and intensity knob on the first light. Success!!! The lights are working as expected! I can adjust the blue to my liking and then adjust the intensity to achieve the par readings and still maintain the blue color. It seems that when any plug is inserted into the input of the first light, it throws the light colors completely off. So it looks like I won’t be able to ramp up and ramp down the lights and run them off a timer just turning on and off.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my Kessil lights are running off a GHL controller. I decided to unplug the GHL controller and go back to the using the Kessil A series spectral controller. Same issue. No matter how much I adjust the lights, I can’t get them blue. Only white. So I decided to test the lights just having them daisy chained and strictly using the blue knob and intensity knob on the first light. Success!!! The lights are working as expected! I can adjust the blue to my liking and then adjust the intensity to achieve the par readings and still maintain the blue color. It seems that when any plug is inserted into the input of the first light, it throws the light colors completely off. So it looks like I won’t be able to ramp up and ramp down the lights and run them off a timer just turning on and off.

That's not normal. Make sure that the ports are cleaned (you can use some isopropyl rubbing alcohol to remove any stubborn dust or salt), and you have everything going into the input port. Feel free to call us when you're in front of the lights if you want us to run you through anything else!

Back