Blue Spot Jawfish Help

Miza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved from 29 gallon (set up before I got the jawfish) to a 65 gal. I was always afraid that he'd cause an avalanche and get hurt, so I set up the 65 g with 2 sets of PVC rectangles, and one wiggly PVC "P" trap pipe, with "T"s as entrances. I put all live rock either directly on the glass or on top of the PVC so that they couldn't fall if/when he tunneled.

3 beautiful jawfish tunnels and the little SOB takes up residents right next to one! Check him out. Look immediately to the right of his tunnel and you'll see the entrance to the PVC tunnel. They certainly have minds of their own! "Dozer" in his new burrow... - YouTube

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well he's still alive. He refuses to burrow much though and I don't know how to get him interested in that. He's not eating much, but does eat a few pellets from time to time. He seems scared of frozen mysis. He'll mouth it and/or blow it away. I'm still trying but at a loss of how to make him more comfortable and secure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back