Blue Streak Cleaner Wrasse attacking

JKess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had experience with blue streak cleaning wrasse attacking fish? What can I do to make the environment better.
The fish have been in the same tank for about 6 months with no issues.
Ours has been darting towards our Midas able. Y nd now he is afraid to come out. Every time he tries to eat or swim the wrasse darts at him viciously u til he goes back to his hole. The wrasse does not bother any other fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had experience with blue streak cleaning wrasse attacking fish? What can I do to make the environment better.
Ours has been darting towards our Midas able. Y nd now he is afraid to come out. Every time he tries to eat or swim the wrasse darts at him viciously u til he goes back to his hole. The wrasse does not bother any other fish.
How big is the tank?

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not known to happen in large tanks like yours but it much more common in smaller tanks (less then 4’ long). Is there enough dart holes for both fish? You may find also moving territory round will help :)

Upvote 0

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they're known to stress other fish especially if not eating enough to then have some yummy extra slime coat to consume. Pretty rude! It's also why they're better with larger fish as those are usually their cleaning targets in the wild vs things like Lysmata shrimp and neon gobies we keep that tend to have cleaning targets of all sizes

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back