Blue stripe pipefish

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Anyone here have experience with this fish? Does it mainly eat pods or Nutramar Ova and other similar small food will be ok. Is it sensitive to flow? I have 1 jebao pp-4 on a Nuvo 40.
Any other info will be helpful.

Thanks!

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While they may not accept frozen foods without training, they can usually be switched over very easily with cyclops or ova and eventually they may even take smaller frozen mysids. Like most other commonly available pipefish they are reef dwellers and will be fine with high flow. It's a common misconception that pipefish require low flow environments.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While they may not accept frozen foods without training, they can usually be switched over very easily with cyclops or ova and eventually they may even take smaller frozen mysids. Like most other commonly available pipefish they are reef dwellers and will be fine with high flow. It's a common misconception that pipefish require low flow environments.

Good advice.

I've kept and acclimated dozens of these over the years and find them the most hardy pipefish by far. They can eat surprisingly big food as well ime, had them eating pe mysis in my home tank. It's even possible to breed them and they are easy to sex.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping them for many years in pairs. 2 males will kill each other. They will hunt pods all day but it's best to suppliment them with new born brine. They will also eat new born frozen brine or tiny pieces of clam. They spawn constantly if well fed. I feed them every day with this.
All the fish in this video constantly spawn except the shrimpfish.

The top one here is pregnant.

I enlarged this picture to hang in my house.

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I can't seem to find it in the kajillion pages on your various threads; how do you get the brine down the tube to your feeder?
Thanks,
Jerry

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jerry, the tube is very thin. You add the shrimp with a little water, then shoot in maybe a tablespoon and everything in the tube, shrimp and all go into the feeder.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back