Blue tang bummer

mslocum62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a week ago I purchased a rock full of bubble tip anemone from my fish guy. The next day I went back and got a Blue tang to share space with the two clowns I have. This morning I got up to find the tang on it's side. Is it possible that the tang fell prey to the anemone? She was only about 1 1/2" long.

Just wanting to avoid this in the future

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. Tangs are really, really stupid when it comes to avoiding hazards that other fish seem to have no problem avoiding. I had a condy anemone eat a small 1.25-1.5" clown tang and a medium-sized naso tang nose-dived into an elegance coral.

Kerbash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that exact thing happened to my sailfin tang! he was find around 10 pm swimming around when i woke up he was on its side and died like 3 hours later! I suspected it as the anemone.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA are not a fish eaters. They don't sting and eat healthy fish. A dead/near dead fish drove into it may get swallow but most of the time, they get regurgitated up. There are many pictures of fish get regurgitated up by an BTA on line, but I highly doubt that the fish was killed by that BTA

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back