Blue tank her dorsal fin

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas can anyone know what happened with my blue tang it was opening her drosal fin for 3 days and even when sleep stay open normall they keep closed and it open when swim only like other normall fish but in this 3 days always open ,so why and the fish is very helthy eating swimming and no problem with it just this case

Anyone know why ??

IMG_8509.jpeg

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This first time i see this case all my fish old no one new and this blue tang biggest one in the tank and oldest one

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas can anyone know what happened with my blue tang it was opening her drosal fin for 3 days and even when sleep stay open normall they keep closed and it open when swim only like other normall fish but in this 3 days always open ,so why and the fish is very helthy eating swimming and no problem with it just this case

Anyone know why ??

IMG_8509.jpeg
It could be a sign of defence against the other blue but his stomach looks rather pinched so it’s likely stress, how often is he fed?

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a sign of defence against the other blue but his stomach looks rather pinched so it’s likely stress, how often is he fed?
Normall i feed every day one cube of mysis and after 5h i feed one nori sheets and this one this big blue tang eat it all of it and till now it's swimming , eating well just this thing drosal fin keep open not closed for 3 days they did not closed it at all . All the time opening it do i have to worry about it all my fish old in the tank nothing new all what i did i add a UV light system in my sump this what i did ,so pleas i love this fish i do not want to loss it if there is something to do to help her help me pleas

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normall i feed every day one cube of mysis and after 5h i feed one nori sheets and this one this big blue tang eat it all of it and till now it's swimming , eating well just this thing drosal fin keep open not closed for 3 days they did not closed it at all . All the time opening it do i have to worry about it all my fish old in the tank nothing new all what i did i add a UV light system in my sump this what i did ,so pleas i love this fish i do not want to loss it if there is something to do to help her help me pleas
I would definitely feed way more than 1 cube and 1 nori sheet. Over 20 (give or take) fish I feed 8 cubes of frozen and several pellets, even then some of them can look skinny (I’ve not been the best as doing the morning feed recently unfortunately so they’re looking very skinny compared to normal).

In your tank with tangs I’d personally aim for 9-10 cubes of varied frozen. Mysis is healthy yes, but it’s not going to be the best diet you can give these fish. I personally feed;
Mysis
Brine
Varied Algae
Bloodworms
Cyclops
Copepods

And even more than that (that’s all I can remember off the top of my head).

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone know why ??

IMG_8509.jpeg
My dude has his fin out a lot when he is chilling or hovering. Nothing unusual in my experience with my little dude.

Attachments

• ADE6EAFB-F137-46DF-BF8D-EEF0A5E4A94F.jpeg
    ADE6EAFB-F137-46DF-BF8D-EEF0A5E4A94F.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas help me

My blue tang till now his drosal fin still open she close it yesterday for a bit and came back and it's staying like that laying at rock , but it's when see me close to tank or adding food the become craze and the swim fast and eat all the frozen food mysis and i increased the food cube for them and I don't know why dowing that

* is the temperature do that my water temp 27-28 now summer in my location summer only two months no need to buy chiller ,so pleas advice me or that normall for it

Attachments

• IMG_8587.jpeg
    IMG_8587.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 31

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas help me

My blue tang till now his drosal fin still open she close it yesterday for a bit and came back and it's staying like that laying at rock , but it's when see me close to tank or adding food the become craze and the swim fast and eat all the frozen food mysis and i increased the food cube for them and I don't know why dowing that

* is the temperature do that my water temp 27-28 now summer in my location summer only two months no need to buy chiller ,so pleas advice me or that normall for it
I really think it’s spooked by other hippo myself.. if it’s eating and acting normal I wouldn’t sweat it..

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think it’s spooked by other hippo myself.. if it’s eating and acting normal I wouldn’t sweat it..
Why now it's spooked from the other hippo all of them old fish and it's the biggest one in my tank i am scared to be sick and having problem in his drosal fin till now opened and not closed at all ??

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleas help me

It is a display of whose (or who wants) to be boss.
Increases her size and is a warning to others. You do have another blue in there, his is down….

Nothing of concern.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @i cant think. That fish looks too thin. 1 cube is not nearly rnough for those 3 tangs. If it is eating a lot could this be internal parasites? How does it behave with the others including that purple. As the tangs grow they can become more aggressive and no longer be the “happy family “ they were once.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pleas help me

Not abnormal. These fish always on the edge, can be shy for weeks or even months and when frightened will lay flat and play dead giving there owners a heart attack. However, if fin is extended for a period of time, something is stressing fish keeping it on guard by activity you see.
Can be another fish, bright light, owner too close to tank or other

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not abnormal. These fish always on the edge, can be shy for weeks or even months and when frightened will lay flat and play dead giving there owners a heart attack. However, if fin is extended for a period of time, something is stressing fish keeping it on guard by activity you see.
Can be another fish, bright light, owner too close to tank or other
Thanks for hep , i am asking because it was very healthy and eating well and breathing no problem just playing with me laying at rock like dead way and once i add food they go fast and no fish makes any problems with her just her fin open all the time thanks @ vetteguy53081 and

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @i cant think. That fish looks too thin. 1 cube is not nearly rnough for those 3 tangs. If it is eating a lot could this be internal parasites? How does it behave with the others including that purple. As the tangs grow they can become more aggressive and no longer be the “happy family “ they were once.
Till now very happy and evin the hippo fish playing as dead once the food added it go very fast and swim and eat allot and the other fish is very cool with her and as @i can think told me about is very old problem it make her skinny and i am feeding them 5-6 cubes of multi types of froized and nori and garlic and seaweed to become more fat and strong . thank you for help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for hep , i am asking because it was very healthy and eating well and breathing no problem just playing with me laying at rock like dead way and once i add food they go fast and no fish makes any problems with her just her fin open all the time thanks @ vetteguy53081 and

Fish does not look thin but assure its getting proper diet. Some foods to feed are :
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Till now very happy and evin the hippo fish playing as dead once the food added it go very fast and swim and eat allot and the other fish is very cool with her and as @i can think told me about is very old problem it make her skinny and i am feeding them 5-6 cubes of multi types of froized and nori and garlic and seaweed to become more fat and strong . thank you for help
Ha! I got rick rolled by an old thread. LOL

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back