Blue Throat Trigger (male)

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added new Blue Throat Trigger to display tank after 4 weeks in qt tank. He seems to be doing great. Eats fine, no aggression from others, but when lights go out he heads for the top of the tank and tries to escape. Splashes and jumps for 5 or 10 minutes. Had no issues in 20 gal qt tank. Now he has all kinds of space and plenty of places to hide. Is this a Trigger thing or is he just getting used to his new surroundings?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be more of a blue throat trigger thing, I had a male blue throat trigger jump when I forgot to close the feeding door.

Upvote 0

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My male blue throat goes ballistic every night as well. At first I thought it was reflections or something in the glass at the beg/end of the day. He just runs against the glass up and down. He doesn’t truly settle till the tank is completely dark. It’s not a problem of having a small tank as the tank is fairly large being 8x2x2 ft. Still haven’t got it sorted out after him being in for over a year.

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back