Blue Xenia

JenC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have any? Does anyone no if it spreads like the other regular xenia. What are your thought? thanks Jen

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its more like an Anthellia does not pulse but grayish blue in color. It does spread like Anthellia and can become invasive. If you really want it make sure the rock is not touching any other rock surfaces that you dont want it to grow on. I pulled mine out because I needed more room for zoas :). They are neat.

OP
OP
J

JenC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I guess I will pass then. hoping it was a nice bright blue and pulsing. thanks for the information

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually seen some blue "xenia" that would blow your mind-check the julian sprung corals book under blue xenia-it is bright green and blue, I am hopefully getting a frag next time we trade I will post some pictures of it-I wouldnt suggest buying blue xenia off the internet though it is the worst shipper.

OP
OP
J

JenC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok Tyree I wait for your pics and lol then wait a few months and then I can buy a frag off you.... right?????????? wishful thinking

greystreet41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in ORL and probably saw it at that same store back in January. I actually may have paid 60 bux for a frag of it. What I remember seeing was unlike any xenia I'd seen before.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Calfo had a pic up...I am going to search for it today, that totally blew my mind. It was blue and looked like it was peppered with glitter!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back