Blue02Celi's Nanocube

MaD_ReefeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said in my intro, I just started this tank 2 days ago. it was used before by someone else and I bought it pre setup already, so I just left it as it was, didnt do anything with it, it had an open brain and something else in it but it was a pretty sad tank. so I moved to colorado, and starting over. Here is a pic of it now, not really much to show. a little more about the tank, when we moved we didnt know how long it would be before we would set it up again. the only thing we kept was the LR we had bought. about 4 months later we setup the tank, was told the LR should be ok, just to wash it off in some good water and let it cycle again (it was kept in water for the 4 months)

This time we used Caribsea Tahitian moon sand, just have 20lbs in there, about 14 lbs of live rock, which im looking around locally for some more to seed the tank and help it on its way since the current LR hasnt been deemed totally live lol (altho it appears to start getting SOME purple on it (second pic), the rock was almost a dirty gold color when I took it out the bucket it was in, cleaned it off with a brush and it was light colored). used red sea coral pro salt and distilled water. as far as filtration Its just the sponge that I assume came in the nano, then second chamber just has some LR rubble, thats it for right now. the lighting I believe is 72w, but not sure. at first I thought it was 36w, but the only setup they have on the JBJ website comes with 72w.

As you can see I definitely need some help aquascaping

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaD_ReefeR

MaD_ReefeR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely more rock, dont want to go through another cycle, hopefully big pieces so I can change the look of just a rock pile I have going on.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome start. I agree with AZ, I have always liked black sand. Look forward to the progress.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back