Blueline trigger thread

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the cautions, just looking for some personal experience with them. Pictures would be a plus. Due to size and aggression I assume there's not a lot of keepers. Actually set up a tank for a lone clown trigger a long time ago. Ended up going a different way. But will get back to the original plan eventually. Just saw the blueline in person and it looks so much better than I expected. So now it will be a choice,or maybe both. Idk. But hoping it'll leave my shrooms alone lol. Like I said I know the risks, looking for maybe an informational thread with personal experiences.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are nasty business when they get to about 5", some will say almost as nasty as the undy. Really shouldn't be in less than 300g, really 500g would be better. Needs to be in a lightly stocked tank with equally aggressive tank mates. The reports you here about the model citizen is either a juvi or an aberration. I've raised a few over the years to be housed in very large tanks.

IMG_20161115_205710.jpg 001.jpg

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assume it would destroy all snails, crabs, urchins, and shrimp. Wonder if they will destroy corals. I've heard of large clown triggers even eating heater/pump wires.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had urchins live with them. Once they start getting into the 5" range you can barely add anything else in the tank. They will investigate anything you try and put in the tank. So any new item has a potential of being destroyed. Corals are not possible for the long run, I've seen them chomp up and spit out rocks, much less corals. Juvi's can have a much different temperament, but a young adult/adult is a different beast. You will get a much different experience when kept in really large aquariums, but in something like a 180g(the most common large aquarium), this is not the best choice.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back