Bluetooth equipment?

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if any of the gyre wavemakers are bluetooth connect?
No internet available in my area so bluetooth connect is all I can use.
I know some of the AI equipment is, if I can't find a gyre I'll go with neros'
~love to all

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if any of the gyre wavemakers are bluetooth connect?
No internet available in my area so bluetooth connect is all I can use.
I know some of the AI equipment is, if I can't find a gyre I'll go with neros'
~love to all
i don't know about the newest versions but my maxspect gyres that are a few years old do not connect to internet or bluetooth.
To be perfectly honest i wouldn't want them to be anyway as ime, there hasn't been a reason to adjust them once the programs are set.

OP
OP
Moose.Jy

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only looking for bluetooth for ease of control. I can't move around well scince I got hurt and would like to play with the controls and dial in without having to get down to where I have space for them.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but i would look into the possibility of using wifi. You can have a local wifi network setup without an internet connection. I would think(possibly incorrectly i admit) that the maxspect wifi gyres could be controlled via wifi without an internet connection. Until a couple years ago i had no internet available at my house yet had a wifi network setup for smartplugs/lights/printer/etc. Most of my wifi appliances work just fine without internet. Of course that means you can only control them when you are home and connected to that wifi network.

OP
OP
Moose.Jy

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but i would look into the possibility of using wifi. You can have a local wifi network setup without an internet connection. I would think(possibly incorrectly i admit) that the maxspect wifi gyres could be controlled via wifi without an internet connection. Until a couple years ago i had no internet available at my house yet had a wifi network setup for smartplugs/lights/printer/etc. Most of my wifi appliances work just fine without internet. Of course that means you can only control them when you are home and connected to that wifi network.
Thanks for the info!
Probably not my solution tho. I don't have a pc, router, or any other wifi capable electronics to use it with. Seems over kill to get a set up just for a water mover lol

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure new Vortechs connect to Mobius app via bluetooth.

I also have an older gyre, so neither bluetooth or wifi connection.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back