Bobbit or Eunice Worm easy trap

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has been in my tank over a year and has behaved perfect, not like all the horror stories you read. He only eats algae and stuff on the sand. I have never lost a fish or any corals, hard or soft. The other day I noticed he was getting to big so I decided its time to go. I setup this trap I found online and worked on my first try. I hope this helps out others. FYI I put a piece of shrimp at the end. Here is the link

http://www.coralreefmagazine.com/how-to-build-yourself-a-trap-for-the-infamous-oenone-fulgida/

My trap is a bit different I didn't want my hands in the water so I did a handle with the fishing line all the way to the top. Also I used a red light flash light not night goggles like they recommend. LOL

If you need better instructions let me know ill make a video. This really work s and its simple. Oh, looks small but its 2 feet long. I took the trap out of the water and his body was still coming out of the rock.

20200310_222535.jpg 20200310_222635.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting idea!

I caught one in my tank in the middle of the night, just happened to be walking past my tank and noticed something squirming around by the glass. Scooped it up in a cup and realized it was a 4" bobbit worm. Freaked me out a little bit lol.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back