Bobbit worm removal?

leewish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that thong is fast. still there??
Yes and no. I pulled the rock from my display and tossed it into a newly established frag tank. So it’s technically still in the rock and haven’t seen it again.

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or any other faster ideas, the trap doesn’t work
It’s almost napalm time
if the traps aren't working with fresh meaty morsels i have a hard time believing it would be a voracious predator. fresh water dip for a minuite or two is a last resort, a lot of marine animals get very active from the osmotic shock I do not recommend this though for a few reasons

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the reasons, also what about spot treating with peroxide
it kills almost everything on the rocks that are endemic to saltwater, the bacteria, worms, microbes, everything endemic and when you put it back it will release nutrients into the water as all the corpses rot away, and if the worm dies in there without crawling out, and he is big it might cause blooms or worse if you do no have enough scavengers in the tank

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peroxide is also fatal to a lot of life forms with direct contact due to its strong oxidizing nature and should be used only when necessary

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think its worth considering leaving it for the time being, you have lost no livestock to the animal, and it may not even be an active predator. This is your largest piece of rock, to kill the whole thing over one little worm, why even buy live rock in the first place?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bobbits deserve the nuclear option in my opinion. That being said, if you know what hole it lives in, super glue it closed. I’ve killed many a worm that way.

atlantean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do wrasses (like a sixline) eat small ones? I have one (definitely a bobbit) in my KP rock whose head is about the size of a pencil tip.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back