• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Boom Corals Review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to do a brief review of an order I placed with @BoomCorals recently. Ended up purchasing some corals at killer prices on the zoa and LPS sale that was just recently had to help support a member who lost their home in a fire.

Site/Ordering
  • Website was easy to navigate and checkout was as to be expected. Some coral labeled WYSIWYG, and others not, but it is clearly labeled.
Shipping
  • Shipped on time and via FedEx. Tracking number recieved when FedEx picked up.
  • Nice Boom Corals box which contained Styrofoam container, invoice with acclimating instructions and a nice thank you card!
  • All coral where double bagged and labeled with printed labels. Definitely helps with identifying which is which. Some other big name vendors have not done this, and I find that extremely irritating. So thanks Matt!
Coral
  • Picked up 3 zoas and an sps
  • Zoas opened almost right away
  • SPS had good color and decent sized frag
  • Frag plugs did have some hair algae and aptasia (counted 5).
Overall

Easy transaction and coral look good. Frags did have some aptasia, and coral bags did have a decent amount of detritus. I can't complain too much though, got big name zoas for next to nothing. Overall four out of five stars. Will buy again.

9882B901-6745-44B9-B4BD-6F226656314D.jpeg

148A6067-77BB-41F7-980D-DFE37C266F7A.jpeg

FF9484EF-0BB8-4477-BB10-D3F9E8DB9C02.jpeg

1BB6C952-227F-4BDA-82D7-A07D5D42FD0F.jpeg

A82B21E4-562D-4A27-9835-9866AF396445.jpeg

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep sorry about the aps! I have berghias going to work on them right now, and they are about 95% eradicated. But they seem to be unavoidable in this hobby even when I QT. I've tried every remedy there is and only berghias work for me. But inevitably, I get them again, and I'll have to buy berghias again and repeat the cycle. :D My zoa tank had them the worst, and those are the hardest ones to get off of the frags/plugs as the zoas were overgrowing everything.

Outside of that, I'm glad you were very happy with your purchase!

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like aiptasia are darn near unavoidable in this hobby. I have 2 great LFS within a 5 minute drive from my house. Both have a great coral inventory, and unfortunately, aiptasia seem to plague both. It just is what it is. Fortunately tho, the one LFS, which is my go to for most needs/corals, will kill any visible aiptasia/pests before they bag them up for you.

Awesome review btw. I think it’s cool that you took the time to write it up

OP
OP
Crimsonvice

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree! My LFS has a beautiful 300 DD, and if you look close enough you will find the aptasia all over.

I did not intend to portray a negative view of the order at all. In fact, just the opposite. I thought all the coral purchased were in great health and decent sized frags. I was just trying to be as unbiased as possible, and bring out all aspects of the order. I will definitely be ordering from Boom Corals again.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree! My LFS has a beautiful 300 DD, and if you look close enough you will find the aptasia all over.

I did not intend to portray a negative view of the order at all. In fact, just the opposite. I thought all the coral purchased were in great health and decent sized frags. I was just trying to be as unbiased as possible, and bring out all aspects of the order. I will definitely be ordering from Boom Corals again.
Just to note I do check frags before shipping them, but zoa frags can hide the aps. :(

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to note I do check frags before shipping them, but zoa frags can hide the aps. :(

Hopefully no one thought my response was aimed toward them. I totally agree that aips are gonna find there way into our systems. It’s just inevitable. I was just sparking convo is all. No shots fired, I promise! Lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back