Bored? How about Mentoring a Newbie?

Oh wait sorry I missed something.
You will need to turn off your return pump first so you see how much water is drained back to sump.
Wait till all is drained and settled them add water to fill the sump 3 inch from the edge or so. This way if later you have a power failure you do not overflow the sump.
Pls acknowledge you see this before you add the new water. I do not want you to cause a flood in your place.
Yes, I knew what you meant ;)
 
ok, so this is has high as we can go in the sump, it take us 3" from the top with return pump and skimmer off

IMG_20190705_114011.jpg
 
So that's leaves us with about 7 gallons of lfs water left that I will get to 34 salinity
 
Will do a write up later for now, I suggest you bring the power head bit deeper. You have it too close to the surface..any specific reason? Your return will creat the surface flow, your power head should creat deeper flow.
There are 2 and they are very powerful, one in each back corner. I was afraid of blasting out the fish and corals. What do you suggest for each one?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new