Bo's box

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up, can't wait for your upgrade to arrive!

For sure. I was looking at Octo Aquatics lids and got sidetracked. I want it to be clean but yours don't look bad at all honestly.
Whats the dimensions on your upgrade tank?
Octo is the one I keep coming back to as well. I'm going 36"x24"x22" Limited space and I really wanted the depth.
I got a quote from Matt @ Octo, he's made me a few things in the past. I decided to stick with the screen that came with my tank to start but I'll likely bounce back to him in the long run - they just look so nice

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up, can't wait for your upgrade to arrive!

I got a quote from Matt @ Octo, he's made me a few things in the past. I decided to stick with the screen that came with my tank to start but I'll likely bounce back to him in the long run - they just look so nice
Thanks! I'm anxious checking to see if the sump is in stock every day because that's all my tank is delayed on.

Trying to figure out mounting for the lights currently... I'm really leaning toward 80/20. But 3/4" EMT I could get bent, painted, and mounted in a day.

Decisions...

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210417_134050.jpg

I'm thinking this is a hint...

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210519_191930.jpg

IMG_20210519_191929.jpg

I'm concerned about my biggest emerald... If you look close she's missing the prehensile portion of both claws. She makes eating motions and is super active at feeding time.

I hope she molts for new growth soon.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210519_191930.jpg

IMG_20210519_191929.jpg

I'm concerned about my biggest emerald... If you look close she's missing the prehensile portion of both claws. She makes eating motions and is super active at feeding time.

I hope she molts for new growth soon.
Mine never make it that long... They go in to perform a task and I hope and pray they conclude said task before my beloved Marine Betta finds them :p

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught up on your build my friend! Looks awesome. I’m jealous about the Phillips. One day I shall have those. Probably not until I eventually upgrade.

in the meantime it’s led t5 combo for me

Can’t wait to see the upgrade!

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just caught up on your build my friend! Looks awesome. I’m jealous about the Phillips. One day I shall have those. Probably not until I eventually upgrade.

in the meantime it’s led t5 combo for me

Can’t wait to see the upgrade!
Much appreciated! I can't wait to see it either! Is yours wet yet?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much appreciated! I can't wait to see it either! Is yours wet yet?

nah. Still need to level the tank and stand, build plumbing, get lighting suspension figured out (going to cheat and use the aquatic life fixture I want as the mount for my noops) also need to get my ‘scape made and get it in with the LR to marinate for a while.

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah. Still need to level the tank and stand, build plumbing, get lighting suspension figured out (going to cheat and use the aquatic life fixture I want as the mount for my noops) also need to get my ‘scape made and get it in with the LR to marinate for a while.
Plumbing is the easiest of that for me lol. I have a few ideas for lights, but I need the tank for exact measurements.

I'm super torn on scape. I want to go in a different direction with an nsa and smaller chunks... But I'd have to break up my current scape to do so and that will drag out my transfer and I'm already limited on space...

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
J

Just as I'm about to go all store bought and pretty lol
Hey I built mine for my lagoon and went pre built for my 40 so I totally understand

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I built mine for my lagoon and went pre built for my 40 so I totally understand
We built ours for the 90 - built to my shortness. Wish we would have made it taller. Ended up with a CADE taller one - yeah, I need a ladder. BUT THERE'S SO MUCH SPACE FOR ACTIVITIES in the sump!

step brothers bedroom GIF

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is the easiest of that for me lol. I have a few ideas for lights, but I need the tank for exact measurements.

I'm super torn on scape. I want to go in a different direction with an nsa and smaller chunks... But I'd have to break up my current scape to do so and that will drag out my transfer and I'm already limited on space...

i got a 4ft 120g so 4x2x2. Thing that makes the mounting of lights tricky is it’s eurobraced everywhere but the overflow with rounded corners on the brace. The brace itself is 3 and 1/8 inches wide. Which is why I’m pretty much going to have to go with octo aquatics for my lid

As far as the lights go, I was just going to suspend them from the ceiling but now that I’m planning on going hybrid I was going to use the t5 fixture as the mount.

OP
OP
Bo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two coral care
i got a 4ft 120g so 4x2x2. Thing that makes the mounting of lights tricky is it’s eurobraced everywhere but the overflow with rounded corners on the brace. The brace itself is 3 and 1/8 inches wide. Which is why I’m pretty much going to have to go with octo aquatics for my lid

As far as the lights go, I was just going to suspend them from the ceiling but now that I’m planning on going hybrid I was going to use the t5 fixture as the mount.
Two coral care would fit that just fine
Happy Regular Season GIF by NBA

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two coral care

Two coral care would fit that just fine
Happy Regular Season GIF by NBA

oh don’t I know it. But I can’t justify that much for lights right now. A year or so from now, I’ll probably buy them and try to hide the cost from my SO

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back