Bottom corner tank chip please help.

alexshefchik

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
746
Reaction score
99
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I have a tank that has a chip out of it on the bottom right corner. I was planning on using silicone and putting it back together. My question is for people who have done this or has had experiences with this. Is this ok to do and will it hold? Please help.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427679525.041505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427679538.239658.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427679551.651633.jpg
 
Sorry to say this, but that'd be a big no for me. The structural integrity of the glass has been compromised there; it's not worth the risk.
 
I have a chip like that on corner of my tank. Been like that for few years with no issues. I just filled chip in with silicone so no one would cut themselve
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new