Bought a tunze Comline 3163 and have a question

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I filled it with Seachem matrix, filter floss, and a sponge. I plugged it in and I noticed when the lid is closed the water gets sucked in and runs down the very inside of the filter leaving the rest of the sponge dry. When I open I’m the lid it fills with water. There is enough space for water to go in. I know it is sucking water off the surface because you can see fish food get sucked in if it gets to close. Not sure if this is how it suppose to do things or not. I just want to make sure it is running right. Thoughts?

please disregard the cloudy water. I did a water change right before the video so it is a bit cloudy.

video:

36630432-EFE7-453E-9EA4-E8655C96E279.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I have noticed is that when the filter lid is closed the water does not flow freely into the basket it has suction but very little. When the basket is open water moves more freely. I don’t get why. I have the basket submerged pst the intake slits on the lid.

tstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It certainly appears that the pump is too strong with the lid closed. I did have an issue once with my 3162 when it sucked in too much air (ATO stopped working) and it needed "burped". Other then that instance it's worked flawlessly.

Tim

OP
OP
G

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried adjusting the depth up and down. It does the same thing. Guess I will be returning it to brs. Not sure if I should go with a replacement or try the 3162.

OP
OP
G

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing I save my old filter. That one is busted too bit it still worked a bit.

OP
OP
G

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the pump is barely sucking water in with the lid open. Getting tired of spending money on stuff that doesn’t work. Makes me want to quit the hobby.

OP
OP
G

GR00VY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I haven’t. Brs is gonna look at for me and I will go from there. Good thing I have backups. Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back