Bowen's Lagoon 25

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after signing for an apartment for next school year, I started to wonder if I could upgrade my current Fusion 10 to something a little bigger yet still on the nano side. Discussed with my fiance and she gave me the green light!

The vision for this tank is a minimalist scape mostly SPS with a few LPS and Softies

The Tank:
-Innovative Marine Fusion Lagoon 25

Light (Still up for debate)
-24" ATI 4 Bulb
-2x AI Prime
-Nanobox Duo

Equipment:
-IM Ghost Skimmer (Maybe Tunze 9001)
-IM MiniMax Reactor
-2x Jebao WP10 (hopefully switch out for Vortech eventually)
-Eheim Jager TruTemp Heater
-AutoAqua Smart ATO
-Jebao DP-4 Dosing Pump

Filtration Media
-inTank Basket: Floss, Carbon
-Reactor: All-In-One Biopellets
-About 15 lbs rock
-15 lbs Sand

Livestock:
-Various SPS coral
-LPS
-Ricordea Mushrooms
-Rock Flower Anemone
-2x Black Occelaris Clowns
-Tail Spot Blenny
-Midas Blenny (Maybe)

I think that's it for now!

OP
OP
bowen1022

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a scape up yet. Rock is at home and I am still at school 400 miles away lol. I got BRS Reef Saver though!

OP
OP
bowen1022

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some aquascape ideas I have come up with

V1

V2

V3 (Blurry) +Pencils
biggrin.png

jlugo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following!! What you think about the dimensions of the tank? Too shallow? I have interest in a 25Lagoon but I'm worry about the 12"(H)

For light.. you considered the Hydra 26HD?

agfish12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be good yes. Only thing to consider is make sure it gets decent spread. If I could get that light I would. But I like my kessil t5 combo as well

OP
OP
bowen1022

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following!! What you think about the dimensions of the tank? Too shallow? I have interest in a 25Lagoon but I'm worry about the 12"(H)

Thanks are you going to get the lagoon? The reason I bought this tank was for the dimensions. It is perfectly deep allowing for a more unique aquascape giving a depth illusion. It may be a little shallow but its not bad. When you think about only a foot tall you may think wow that is really short but when you look at the tank in person, it is much larger looking.

As for the hydra that was one of my options. I have the prime on my fusion and it is working alright. I havent tried t5's so that is what I wanted to do. Ive thought about kessil, radions, as well as nanobox but we will see what happens. Ive also been thinking about a hybrid t5 with nanobox retro.

I love this tank. Dims are perfect
af2f56e9d00b57d7c8dac8e668f2336d.jpg

I agree the dims are great. How long have you been set up? Also that GSP is crazy.

agfish12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks are you going to get the lagoon? The reason I bought this tank was for the dimensions. It is perfectly deep allowing for a more unique aquascape giving a depth illusion. It may be a little shallow but its not bad. When you think about only a foot tall you may think wow that is really short but when you look at the tank in person, it is much larger looking.

As for the hydra that was one of my options. I have the prime on my fusion and it is working alright. I havent tried t5's so that is what I wanted to do. Ive thought about kessil, radions, as well as nanobox but we will see what happens. Ive also been thinking about a hybrid t5 with nanobox retro.

I agree the dims are great. How long have you been set up? Also that GSP is crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the GSP is the best lawn I've ever had haha! It's been setup since around mid December so everything is starting to get really settled in and take off. Sps are growing faster than ever!

jlugo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I will get a Lagoon, hopefully soon. But I have something different in mind. I want to set up an Mangrove tank with softies... something easy to maintain in parameters. But yeah the dims looks perfect for me..... If I don't set up the mangrove lagoon I will make a minimalist scape. There's so many things you can do with the dims the IM 25Lagoon offers.

OP
OP
bowen1022

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I will get a Lagoon, hopefully soon. But I have something different in mind. I want to set up an Mangrove tank with softies... something easy to maintain in parameters. But yeah the dims looks perfect for me..... If I don't set up the mangrove lagoon I will make a minimalist scape. There's so many things you can do with the dims the IM 25Lagoon offers.

A minimalist mangrove tank would be sweet! Have you seen the one set up by Marine Depot? They have a few mangroves in there its pretty nice

OP
OP
bowen1022

bowen1022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank transferred over. Not my ideal scape right now but it was what was in the 10g. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have the remaining things I need and can get everything settled in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back