Boyu TL-550 Nano Reef Tank

Archcello

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured that I should finally put my tank on here. This is a Boyu Nano tank. 128L with a custom hood and a Corona Rapid LED light. I've tried mechanical filters but I've switched to an ATS.

I currently have a Black Sailfin Blenny and a Sailfin Tang. I've tried a variety of corals, but the only things I've been able to successfully keep are Acans and Xenia.

My biggest struggles have been with balancing the phosphates and Calcium. My Nitrates are very low but my calcium and phosphates are always off the charts. Literally, every test kit I've bought, they are too high to read. I do 5-10 gallon water changes every week. I started using Instant ocean reef crystals and switched to buying premixed water from my LFS. The water that I put in aways has good levels, but once it's in my tank, the levels are still off the charts.

This isn't the cleanest my tank has been, but it does pretty well.

IMG_20170204_191316_599.jpg


hdr_00058_0.jpg


hdr_00059_normal.jpg
 
How long has the tank been up and running?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new