Brand New 75 Gallon Build

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a new build thread! After my first Reef Tank – 40 Breeder it was time to update. Mainly because we were moving, and I thought that would be a great time for an upgrade.

I picked up a brand spanking new 75 Gallon Reef Ready Seapora (Aquarium Masters) tank for $200. After the picking this up, I lucked out and Pet Supplies Plus had their yearly $1/Gallon sale and I grabbed another 40 Breeder for a sump.
image017.jpg

image011 (2).jpg

After my first tank that I had for about a year, a lot of lessons were learned. Not just in the livestock and husbandry aspect, but equipment planning and layout of the reef.

This time around, I got rid of plain old rock and decided to give West Mariculture a try. They are in Bowling Green, OH which is 15 min from where I grew up (Now in Cleveland, home of the future Super Bowl Champs). I couldn’t be happier with this thing! Most of his work is custom and built to order.
image001 (2).jpg

image002 (2).jpg

image003 (2).jpg

One of my biggest griefs with my old setup was clutter and organization. This time around I built my stand an extra 1’ Long on either side. The left side is my equipment cabinet and the right is used for storage of misc. reefing items (Socks, test kits, fragging supplies, etc.). I’m very happy with it, but I still find issues and things I wish I would have done different.
image009 (2).jpg

image004 (2).jpg

image005 (2).jpg

image012 (2).jpg

Equipment end of it, I am currently running the following:
3 AI Primes (adding a 4th next month)
24” Aquatic Life Hybrid (upgrading to a 48” next month)
Bubble Magus Dosing Pump
Bubble Magus NAC 3.5 Skimmer (hoping to upgrade to Reef Octopus 150 soon)
Ice Cap 3K Gyre
MAG 18 Return pump
Ice Cap ATO – Connected to a 15 gallon dog food container from PetSmart
Two Ehiem heaters connected to a JBJ temp controller
BRS Media Reactor – Running carbon and GFO

Live Stock:
Mainly LPS, Shrooms and Zoas. Starting to add SPS, but they don’t really like me. Pocco and Birds nest doing great, Acros and Montis not so much.
Foxface
Kole Tang
Ocellaris Clowns – 2x
Fire Fish
Flame Angel
Blue Chromis – 2x
Banggai Cardinal
Misc. Snails and jerk emerald crab.
1.jpg
3.jpg
image004.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image015.jpg
image016.jpg
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
image014.jpg
image009.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a interesting rock design idea. Will look great once the corals grow out and cover the unused holes. Will be interesting to see the 1 year update pictures

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back