I'll get you snow pics tomorrow
9803D898-F8D4-4263-851F-EF4B454100F8.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the gha that everyone keeps complaining about?

Woosies.

This was after cleaning btw.

A3527ADA-0DE8-4E04-AC28-23C9724DFC0A.jpeg
LOL
when it overgrows every single surface in your tank and rocks including corals you won't be so joyous.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
when it overgrows every single surface in your tank and rocks including corals you won't be so joyous.
@living_tribunal
My bad, not laughing at you or the tank, just myself for saying the same thing to myself before my tank was overgrown with the stuff.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My parents had a tree they bought in the late fifties. It was aluminum and, yep, it was silver. It, too, had a white spinning base that also played music that sounded like a music box. It also had these lights that sat on springs and employed the use of huge spotlights. The spotlights neatly reached the temperature of the sun. I found out, very young, that if you spit on the bulb they exploded! I thought it to be very cool. I also found out that if you spit on the bulbs and they exploded an *** whipping quickly followed! My parents used that tree and base until about 10 years ago. My aunt and uncle also had the same tree only their's was light pink. Another aunt and uncle had one that was light blue. I think it was an Italian thing like plastic on the "good" furniture in a room where no one was allowed.

Now I cannot be the only one here that had an aluminum tree growing up. Feel free to admit it even though the other kids in the neighborhood might have made fun of you!
We definitely had some of those aluminum trees of different sizes growing up. I could entertain myself for hours pulling the individual branches out of their storage tubes and sliding them back in again. I never said anything about being a particularly intelligent child. I just liked shiny things. :p I don't think ours had the spotlights though.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We definitely had some of those aluminum trees of different sizes growing up. I could entertain myself for hours pulling the individual branches out of their storage tubes and sliding them back in again. I never said anything about being a particularly intelligent child. I just liked shiny things. :p I don't think ours had the spotlights though.
Oh yeah! The spinning color wheel thing! I forgot. My grandmother had that.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@living_tribunal
My bad, not laughing at you or the tank, just myself for saying the same thing to myself before my tank was overgrown with the stuff.
I went so hard on my algae. Let it grow out, didn’t do a water change for a while. I mean it was covering the back wall. Fed heavy, kept it growing....fattened it up like Hansel and Gretal. Then BAM! I struck. Big water change. Only 10g wc I’ve ever done. Changed out my filter and added Phosguard. 3 day blackout. Corals were kinda PO’d for a while, but the Algae died a quick death. Did another wc, removed as much as I could, and kept cleaning my filter sponge often for a while after as it just kept falling off. It’s never been back in any kind of amount since then. I had to treat for the subsequent cyano that followed, but oh well... at least I didn’t have algae!

Back