LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that’s pretty cool!

Were they inside the house?

To help my bonsais against diseases and pests during the summer, I bulk order 1000 praying mantid eggs. They are rad!
They were EVERYWHERE! Woke up with them in the bed, in the kitchen, bathroom, all over the living room. It was fantastic.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always trying to GIVE free massages in college.....

All kinds of thoughts on this one...

Andrew wants to attend MIT. Suddenly horrified at that thought.

Start saving... and robbing... and stealing... and ???

We're presently visiting colleges with Kyla. Average cost of tuition and dorm for the schools she is interested in is $52,000 a year. Of course, she will qualify for some acemdemic and dance scholarships but it is still stifling.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All kinds of thoughts on this one...

Start saving... and robbing... and stealing... and ???

We're presently visiting colleges with Kyla. Average cost of tuition and dorm for the schools she is interested in is $52,000 a year. Of course, she will qualify for some acemdemic and dance scholarships but it is still stifling.
“Stifling”....understatement of all time??! Does that 52,000 come with guarantees?? Automatic 6 figure job? Straight As and a diploma 100% after you fork over a cool quarter mil? (You know she’s going to want things like books, a meal plan, and a car!)

if I could do it over again and go back to being 18 and just graduated high school... (if only!!) I would absolutely have gone to a 2 year community college first. Lived at home, saved $$, stayed out of trouble, and in this case saved a minimum of $104,000!! Also it teaches you how to actually make it in college, and if you need to repeat some classes it doesn’t cost an extra $52,000 to spread things out over an extra year! Plus, really easy to transfer wherever you want after you get that associates...taking the same classes you would be taking at the 4 year school during the first 2 years.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the gha that everyone keeps complaining about?

Woosies.

This was after cleaning btw.

A3527ADA-0DE8-4E04-AC28-23C9724DFC0A.jpeg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutrients were indeed bottomed out from this stuff.

Nitrates barely detectable and phosphates at .005.

I gave them the hamburger helper of phosphate doses of course.
Have you considered letting it starve itself out? How much longer until you can move the rest of the corals into the DT?

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered letting it starve itself out? How much longer until you can move the rest of the corals into the DT?

Coral health comes before everything else.

I don’t care about nuisance algae as long as it doesn’t grow on my frags.

So no, I won’t allow phosphates to bottom out.

This was most likely a reaction to the chemiclwan. Without cyano competing with it, it probably ate all of the nutrients from dying cyano.

No sweat to me. This tank can get as ugly as it wants as long as that precious wilsoni gets what it needs, that’s my #1 priority at the moment.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral health comes before everything else.

I don’t care about nuisance algae as long as it doesn’t grow on my frags.

So no, I won’t allow phosphates to bottom out.

This was most likely a reaction to the chemiclwan. Without cyano competing with it, it probably ate all of the nutrients from dying cyano.

No sweat to me. This tank can get as ugly as it wants as long as that precious wilsoni gets what it needs, that’s my #1 priority at the moment.
I was asking how long until you can move the frags, because then you could really go to war with that algae! I’m thinking a scorched earth policy... it’s so satisfying watching that stuff turn grey and die.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 21 14.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 33 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.0%
Back