Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my original NES I bought with birthday, chore and allowance money when I was a kid. Several games too, including the original Legend of Zelda.
Mario? Donkey Kong? I have some vague memories of the NES but I didn’t really start gaming until I got a Sega Genesis

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mario? Donkey Kong? I have some vague memories of the NES but I didn’t really start gaming until I got a Sega Genesis
Super Mario 3, Top Gun, NES Track Meet(with the official track pad), Zelda, Micro Machines, Bee 52, The Black Bass, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego(game was hard as f***), Mike Tyson's Punch Out, MLB Bases Loaded '92... several more I cant think of.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super Mario 3, Top Gun, NES Track Meet(with the official track pad), Zelda, Micro Machines, Bee 52, The Black Bass, Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego(game was hard as f***), Mike Tyson's Punch Out, MLB Bases Loaded '92... several more I cant think of.
I remember that track pad being impossible. We ended up kneeling by it and using our hands to run. Lol, remember the glove controller with the grid that opened up like a laptop? That thing was so exciting when I saw it, but utterly useless

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember that track pad being impossible. We ended up kneeling by it and using our hands to run. Lol, remember the glove controller with the grid that opened up like a laptop? That thing was so exciting when I saw it, but utterly useless
Track pad was the suck, kneeling down and pounding it with your fists was the only way to run. They are worth money now(not a ton), and I have the original box with mine.

I do not remember the glove...

I never had Super Mario 2 with Duck Hunt, but a friend did. Did you know you could shoot over your shoulder and still hit the duck? Also... if you plugged in a second controller you could control the ducks.

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my original NES I bought with birthday, chore and allowance money when I was a kid. Several games too, including the original Legend of Zelda.
Super jealous mine got lost durring the last move. I wonder how that new mini one is.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah Top Gun. Wasn’t so bad til you had to refuel

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your childhood sounds amazing! Also, your official nerd card clearly has more merit badges than an Eagle Scout...I was reading that list thinking “I know he didn’t even have to go look!”

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your childhood sounds amazing! Also, your official nerd card clearly has more merit badges than an Eagle Scout...I was reading that list thinking “I know he didn’t even have to go look!”
I'm at work... cant go look. Oh, Play Action Football is another game.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
when it overgrows every single surface in your tank and rocks including corals you won't be so joyous.

Ain’t much rock in there and it already is covering everything.

I’m setting up the new 25g frag tank in a week or so, better than all of the stuff I’ve been fighting

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993 as promised
IMG_20191216_213108209_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Plating coralline algae anybody
IMG_20191216_213141412.jpg

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do y’all go about gluing, not coral creting/epoxying/puttying, frags to rock?

I can’t securely do it for the life of me. Just had a chalice fall off.
I was just thinking about this today also can you putty them on in the water. I got a hammer and no idea how I'm going to get it to stay on the rock

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad used to rent a Play Station from Block Buster every now and then for the weekend. Did that a few times and he figured it would be cheaper to just buy one. From there I got a PS2, and then I switched over to Xbox 360, and then the XbOne. I'll be preordering the new Xbox Series X.

He still has his old Intellivision system from the early 80s and a ton of games. All the old Activision classics and some others. They're old but way fun to play still. I havent touched it for 20 years tho.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do y’all go about gluing, not coral creting/epoxying/puttying, frags to rock?

I can’t securely do it for the life of me. Just had a chalice fall off.
I have the best luck with putty. The glue seems to never stick securely and make the absolute worst mess imaginable. Every coral I tried to glue has ended up getting reattached with putty. When I say worst mess imaginable, I mean I got it in my hair once.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a plan to downsize after the first of the year...

Too many irons in the fire I gotta get rid of one. So, the FOWLR will be getting torn down. The clowns from there will go into the Menagerie, the rest of the fish will go to the Fairy Tail. The Blackwater will be getting an upgrade to the Reefer250(expensive a** freshwater tank) and I'll sell the bowfront and probably my 35 cube...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the best luck with putty. The glue seems to never stick securely and make the absolute worst mess imaginable. Every coral I tried to glue has ended up getting reattached with putty. When I say worst mess imaginable, I mean I got it in my hair once.

Ummmm... it's nearly 2020... you're supposed to shave that stuff. Especially if you want any action! :p ;) :p ;) :p

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 94 50.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back