Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I’ll tell you what I’m doing to help with my tank. Maybe it’ll help you too. I’m changing my Fuge area to the first part of the sump. Skimmer in second section and return pump/carbon reactor in third.

I initially wanted to do this but got scared the skimmer wouldn’t get adequate water levels. Turns out it does and I’ve been testing water levels since I got the skimmer

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20190206_163037504.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One observation about sump layout that I have read and heard: Skimmer should go before fuge because skimmer can remove pods that are moving from fuge to tank.

But I have also read that skimmer before fuge can remove some of the stuff you want your fuge to get..... It's a paradox ;)

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One observation about sump layout that I have read and heard: Skimmer should go before fuge because skimmer can remove pods that are moving from fuge to tank.

But I have also read that skimmer before fuge can remove some of the stuff you want your fuge to get..... It's a paradox ;)

That’s the dilemma. At that point its whichever way works best for the tank ecosystem.

I’m afraid to switch it up but I’m willing to try it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back