Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it is... Any heater can/will fail but based upon the number of people that told me the same thing happened with their NeoTherm I’ll never try them again. I’ve good luck with Finnex titanium’s.

I am not saying this because I highly recommend any heater (I do not, all heaters can fail in my experience). but I am curious how long ago this was? A couple of years ago they changed the casing on the Neotherm and started offering a lifetime guarantee. Their Accutherm heater line are cheaper and seem so bad from reviews they are hard to find.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone wants to say hello
c84aa6379f3384bed5ea1277a6e4a9d6.jpg

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply convinced me to get a cobalt neotherm heater.

So i purchased a 150w model. So far, it has just been tested on a 10g liverock tank (outside in a covered patio) and it keeps it at an extremely steady 78. I have an actual thermometer i keep in my tanks, and its reading hasn't changed so far

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since @NY_Caveman posted that link for the discounted NeoTherms, I ordered a new 100 watt for my nano. Wondering how they get around the MAP pricing? I have a three month old (Finnex) titanium heater in there now and I got a nice little tingle when I put my hand in the sump the other day. Maybe none if them are perfect. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back