Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta admit, that would be worth more than $10!

Beautiful!
7d11e19ba9827a93ed4300e3c8e1931c.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta admit, that would be worth more than $10!

Beautiful!
7d11e19ba9827a93ed4300e3c8e1931c.jpg

PetSmart, actually had nice bettas... still in those tiny little 8oz bowls, but they looked healthy. I've colored him up a bunch since I got him 4 months ago. You could tell it was a blue mustard, but it was a very dark, almost black, blue. He eats New Life Spectrum betta pellets. I wanna get a daphnia colony going for live food... just gotta find time between my 3 salt, 2 fresh, 2 dogs, yard work season is in full swing now, girlfriend, work, broke truck... ugh, I need more time for my hobby.

You're right on the $10 tho, double it.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was minding my own business one day and a friend called to ask me if I knew about three guys who had passports and could travel for 6-8 weeks. I had worked for him when I was like 30 a couple of summers doing tree planting, slashing, hand built fire line, and slash burn contracts. Very hard work and very mental to keep moving after the body is spent...I know you know what I mean due to your military background. Anyway I had the bad manners to say my boys and I had passports...whatup? Next day the boys were in Hayden,ID packing to drive the Al-Can to the work site. 42 hours of chain driving and they are at Border City RV just on the US side of the border. I finished up some work in my shop and jumped in the crew carrier headed to Seattle and a flight to Anchorage with the Hispanic clear cutting crew. The Canadian government would not allow the Hispanics to stay over night in Canada ever! So we flew to Anchorage and the boss drove a van up to pick us up.

I was teamed up with a real surveyor who trained me for one week to take the lead as the person responsible to survey the international boundary between Canada and the United States. We were under contract with Canada for this section of the border. We would Heli into the line each day and set up the GNSS equipment and connect with Russian and American satellites to run the survey. The terrain was brutal with a 60lb pack and muck up to my buttocks some days. I am over 6' so that is some boot sucking muck. I was 52 at the time and not at the top of my game! Sometimes we would have to cut LZ's with a machete and a small professional tree trimmers saw (about 8 lbs) before we could Heli out of the line. Anyway I am boring you all to death!

I own my own business fabricating Corian solid surface counters, showers, anb Corian Quartz and granite counters. Before that I built aquariums and sold them in five states in the Northwest. Prior to that I managed dental labs and worked as a dental technician. I have worn lots of hats but never found one that was just right! LOL!
Woot! That sounds like work!

Lol, tired of slogging through swamps at this point.

If you ever go adventuring again, try one of these.
Less than 2 pounds and I can cut 4" limbs with them. (Was too lazy to get off the ladder and drag out the chainsaw.) Mostly horizontal limbs, so easy. ;-)

This one is about 12 years old.
$20 at Lowes back in the day.
2a140536a2037285e0426c5cc0a81a73.jpg
918311352b2dddc430220f5ae65b77d4.jpg

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden do you want me to try and get some cheaper tickets for ya?

Cheaper than free? Lol

The new company, ("merger" aka my company I worked for got bought out, lots of stuff changing still) has family fun days. There are several events like theme parks, base ball games, dinner shows... most of it is up north, company headquarters is in Richmond and has large presence in Ohio up to New York. Carowinds in Charlotte, Pirates Voyage in Myrtle Beach and Dollywood were the only ones even feasible for me to do. I've been to the others recently, so... Back to the mountains we go.

I get tickets, parking pass and meal voucher, and discounted hotel room... um hotel, which one was it???....

There it is, Park Tower Inn in Pigeon Forge.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot! That sounds like work!

Lol, tired of slogging through swamps at this point.

If you ever go adventuring again, try one of these.
Less than 2 pounds and I can cut 4" limbs with them. (Was too lazy to get off the ladder and drag out the chainsaw.) Mostly horizontal limbs, so easy. ;-)

This one is about 12 years old.
$20 at Lowes back in the day.
2a140536a2037285e0426c5cc0a81a73.jpg
918311352b2dddc430220f5ae65b77d4.jpg
That little saw is a beast. I have one I got from Lowe's about 2-3 years ago. I have cut 6-8" limbs with it. It would be perfect for a hiking pack too.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, her skimmer came in! Bubble Magus C3.5. It's the only one we that would fit in the space I decided to use for the skimmer, without costing an exorbitant amount. The larger chamber in the back will be the fuge, with dragons breath and ulva. That way I can recycle nutrients some instead of just throwing out good angelfish food.

Oh and I got her a cheap Aqua Knight light so the she can enjoy it some, and to the fish have a proper day/night cycle. I'll throw it over a nano or something when we get better lights. I will say, it's a lot brighter than I thought it would be.

I think I have a few pictures... hang on.

Pre diatom algae bloom

20190414_203851.jpg

Bi color angel, had to sneak from the door. They still hide when you walk up. Also, diatoms.

20190417_183834.jpg

Skimmer!, gotta figure out some way to quiet it down. No rubber feet on the pump so the vibration is a bit much...

20190415_230433.jpg
Nice ;Drool nice bicolor angel

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden my company let's me have free coffee if I bring my own cup. Lol
I pay $40 a year for the coffee fund in the control room... win some you lose some.

Really tho, the new company is in the top 10 energy providers in the world(7 if you want to do some research...), they got some deep pockets.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll snap some pics from the Arch tomorrow.
My daughter saw it today and gasped, couldn't believe how tall it is. Told her we're going to the top to look down on the city and the river. The wheels started to turn and instantly she got scared of the thought of being up that high. It will be a blast!
The ride to the top is cramped

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice ;Drool nice bicolor angel
It was the one fish she said she absolutely had to have. Especially once I told her it wouldn't out grow her tank... It was an early birthday present last week. I love seeing her excited about fish. Today when I get home she gets her main present... that rose gold Samsung Galaxy watch she hasn't shut up about for 3 months. She's got no idea I got it for her, she was talking about trying to save up for it last week.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait, wonder what I'll get my kid to fall for tomorrow??

When we went to California last year I got her to flap her arms on the plane until it took off... Otherwise it wouldn't have left the ground;Hilarious

I have video evidence;)

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we went to California last year I got her to flap her arms on the plane until it took off... Otherwise it wouldn't have left the ground;Hilarious

I have video evidence;)
Lol! Just remember, she will be picking your nursing home 40 years from now. ;-)

Either get it in now and hope she forgets or at least avoid scaring her for life. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back