Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! Just remember, she will be picking your nursing home 40 years from now. ;-)

Either get it in now and hope she forgets or at least avoid scaring her for life. :)

My dad told me if we ever put him in a home, he would make the nursing staff's lives a living hell so they would call us every day and eventually kick him out... So, yea. We're all strongly independent in our family. Grandad lived by himself, in his house, until he passed away, in his house, at the age of 92.

Oh, there is this really large "neighborhood" over in north east Columbia... Might as well be it's own town kind of thing. Big "lake"(pond), it's own school, It's actually called Lake Carolina. Anyway, one day Dad just takes a detour thru there with all of us in the van and they had nice little signs in front of new houses or empty lots that people were building on. The signs have "Future home of the Smiths" or "Future home of the Joneses" written on them.

There is was. It was gold level for pranks. NOBODY has our last name except immediate family. Right in front of the van there's an empty lot with a sign. "Future home of the Haseldens." Dad pulls up, stops the van and tells us that we have decided to move here and they are going to start building the new house soon. We will get to finish out the school year but after that we'll have to make all new friends and go to new schools.

I, was obviously skeptical and didn't believe a word of it. Never did believe anything, still don't. My youngest sister wasn't in school yet, so she didn't really understand. The middle one tho. She freaked. First was disbelief, then shock once she saw the name, then the ugly crying... oh it was so funny. It took Dad more time to convince her it was a prank than it did to prank her.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When Andrew was little I would buy 2 of the same shirts (1 was a smaller size) every time he ate veggies, I would lay out the smaller size shirt so he could see for himself how much veggies made his muscles grow. :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All caught up...

@Robin Haselden - Like the "fixin' the truck" pics but love the Betta

Dig the adventures of @tdlawdo and @Lowell Lemon

@Why-Me - how did the new Samsung go over last night?

Pranks are great! Who doesn't love a good prank?

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanted to tell you guys about something that happened. Ya know when you feel like you are in a place so low you almost give up? There was a customer that shoved a piece of paper in my back pocket and said Happy Easter! She had written a note that said "I know you haven't bought Easter dinner yet. This 30.00 should cover your ham. Thank you for always being kind."

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to tell you guys about something that happened. Ya know when you feel like you are in a place so low you almost give up? There was a customer that shoved a piece of paper in my back pocket and said Happy Easter! She had written a note that said "I know you haven't bought Easter dinner yet. This 30.00 should cover your ham. Thank you for always being kind."

Not to get religious but don't you just love it when a higher power shows you that you are not alone? The last 4 months in this group have done that for me. Even with the happiness I have found in my relationship I was still thinking things we're stacked against me. But I have made good friends and been given a new found appreciation for people. Because of you all.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was minding my own business one day and a friend called to ask me if I knew about three guys who had passports and could travel for 6-8 weeks. I had worked for him when I was like 30 a couple of summers doing tree planting, slashing, hand built fire line, and slash burn contracts. Very hard work and very mental to keep moving after the body is spent...I know you know what I mean due to your military background. Anyway I had the bad manners to say my boys and I had passports...whatup? Next day the boys were in Hayden,ID packing to drive the Al-Can to the work site. 42 hours of chain driving and they are at Border City RV just on the US side of the border. I finished up some work in my shop and jumped in the crew carrier headed to Seattle and a flight to Anchorage with the Hispanic clear cutting crew. The Canadian government would not allow the Hispanics to stay over night in Canada ever! So we flew to Anchorage and the boss drove a van up to pick us up.

I was teamed up with a real surveyor who trained me for one week to take the lead as the person responsible to survey the international boundary between Canada and the United States. We were under contract with Canada for this section of the border. We would Heli into the line each day and set up the GNSS equipment and connect with Russian and American satellites to run the survey. The terrain was brutal with a 60lb pack and muck up to my buttocks some days. I am over 6' so that is some boot sucking muck. I was 52 at the time and not at the top of my game! Sometimes we would have to cut LZ's with a machete and a small professional tree trimmers saw (about 8 lbs) before we could Heli out of the line. Anyway I am boring you all to death!

I own my own business fabricating Corian solid surface counters, showers, anb Corian Quartz and granite counters. Before that I built aquariums and sold them in five states in the Northwest. Prior to that I managed dental labs and worked as a dental technician. I have worn lots of hats but never found one that was just right! LOL!

Wow! That sounds both cool and grueling. Should have been one of these reality shows!!
I hear ya with the hats. I have a very similar problem...privilege to change hats and keep fresh. Although at 55 the fresh segments seem shorter every day! Haha

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart, actually had nice bettas... still in those tiny little 8oz bowls, but they looked healthy. I've colored him up a bunch since I got him 4 months ago. You could tell it was a blue mustard, but it was a very dark, almost black, blue. He eats New Life Spectrum betta pellets. I wanna get a daphnia colony going for live food... just gotta find time between my 3 salt, 2 fresh, 2 dogs, yard work season is in full swing now, girlfriend, work, broke truck... ugh, I need more time for my hobby.

You're right on the $10 tho, double it.

Great!! Love him. I also love feeding the live glass worms or anything live for sure. Mine would eat all kinds of meat etc.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Andrew was little I would buy 2 of the same shirts (1 was a smaller size) every time he ate veggies, I would lay out the smaller size shirt so he could see for himself how much veggies made his muscles grow. :)

Hilarious!!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Love these stories !!! Thanks for sharing. Humanity does exist and overcome.
Been following the petco sick tang threads and see similar hope there.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to get religious but don't you just love it when a higher power shows you that you are not alone? The last 4 months in this group have done that for me. Even with the happiness I have found in my relationship I was still thinking things we're stacked against me. But I have made good friends and been given a new found appreciation for people. Because of you all.

Well dan and tims dad you have brought me if not others more than one chuckle and smile on here!! So thanks back at ya!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Rakie
IMG_20190419_080535548.jpg

One guess what happened last night

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back