Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdlawdo I need your help! It appears a mommy cat and 4 kittens have taken over an old possum home under our shed. Gonna try and trap them to get fixed, but in the meantime...is there still bc you can put in food? These kittens appear to be about 5 weeks old.

..is there still bc you can put in food... not sure what that was suppose to say.
But I once rescued a pregnant cat in the middle of winter had three kittens two lived then I tried to wait out the wean to spay her and by the time I got around to it. And opened her up she was pregnant again. Closed her up and she ended up with 6 more kittens ..this time I spayed her on day three and the kittens never missed a beat.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..is there still bc you can put in food... not sure what that was suppose to say.
But I once rescued a pregnant cat in the middle of winter had three kittens two lived then I tried to wait out the wean to spay her and by the time I got around to it. And opened her up she was pregnant again. Closed her up and she ended up with 6 more kittens ..this time I spayed her on day three and the kittens never missed a beat.
Sorry. Birth control that you add to food until it can be done surgically.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was born in South St. Louis. ;)
Nice girls from the South don't talk about that stuff. Hmm. Did I mention I am going to watch a bull get castrated? Funny, but a friend has beef cattle and I told her I had never seen that done.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Birth control that you add to food until it can be done surgically.

Duh sorry ..long day had an Amish boy shoot his own finger off so been trying to piece what was left together.

Anyway, yes of course there are progestin pills or megestrol and other variations. Don’t let the kitty’s get it though

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tdlawdo I'm sorry you had a rough day. I'm sure you took very good care of him.

Oh heck not rough for me! I’m just the vessel and I love this stuff. I still got to the gym and cut grass in the rain. The Rough part was the poor kid wanted to cry but wouldn’t allow himself. It always amazes me how stoic this population is at all ages. At one point he asked me if I thought it would grow back. And speaking German (not exactly a Romance language) it is hard to show empathy and not answer too abruptly. And of course the family waited until this evening to bring him to the house instead of this morning when it first happened.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh heck not rough for me! I’m just the vessel and I love this stuff. I still got to the gym and cut grass in the rain. The Rough part was the poor kid wanted to cry but wouldn’t allow himself. It always amazes me how stoic this population is at all ages. At one point he asked me if I thought it would grow back. And speaking German (not exactly a Romance language) it is hard to show empathy and not answer too abruptly. And of course the family waited until this evening to bring him to the house instead of this morning when it first happened.
Ha! German. Not the language of tender loving care.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
God love him. I am not sure if they hug, but I would have.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God love him. I am not sure if they hug, but I would have.

It would have been a one sided hug. I only ever saw an adult male cry once in 20 years. And that was as I attended the death the patriarch of this community and his adult sons watched as I held his hand and told him it was ok to go be with his wife. He literally took one last gasp and was gone. I have attended the death of many from the community but this was the first time I saw one shed (other than mine of course, I always have to blink them back). My worst was when I was coaching HS basketball years back and one of my players I knew since kindergarten came to me and ask about a mark on his face. I biopsied it and it was melanoma he was dead in less then 6 months. It was not the first kid I saw die but it was brutal.
The first child (7 yo) I saw die was my first day as a doctor at Fort Sam Houston TX. I was a CPT in the Army and on call for the one marrow transplant unit. That night he died a long and protracted death. I went into the stairwell and cried for 20 minutes and thought I can’t be a doctor and I can’t be a soldier bc neither should cry. Later that night around 5am I was still seeing patients with my attending and he asked where I had gone. I made some excuse and he said “oh good bc I went to the on call room and was crying for a bit before we started seeing patients again”
I always tell my students to never lose their humanity it is what will make them the best doctor they can be.
Dang sorry to ramble!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have been a one sided hug. I only ever saw an adult male cry once in 20 years. And that was as I attended the death the patriarch of this community and his adult sons watched as I held his hand and told him it was ok to go be with his wife. He literally took one last gasp and was gone. I have attended the death of many from the community but this was the first time I saw one shed (other than mine of course, I always have to blink them back). My worst was when I was coaching HS basketball years back and one of my players I knew since kindergarten came to me and ask about a mark on his face. I biopsied it and it was melanoma he was dead in less then 6 months. It was not the first kid I saw die but it was brutal.
The first child (7 yo) I saw die was my first day as a doctor at Fort Sam Houston TX. I was a CPT in the Army and on call for the one marrow transplant unit. That night he died a long and protracted death. I went into the stairwell and cried for 20 minutes and thought I can’t be a doctor and I can’t be a soldier bc neither should cry. Later that night around 5am I was still seeing patients with my attending and he asked where I had gone. I made some excuse and he said “oh good bc I went to the on call room and was crying for a bit before we started seeing patients again”
I always tell my students to never lose their humanity it is what will make them the best doctor they can be.
Dang sorry to ramble!!
I dont know how to respond. Your a good doc and human.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang sorry to ramble!!
That probably makes for a better doctor. I want my docs to be just short of cocky balanced out with humanity.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 here is my new Duncan head. I think yours is quite a bit ahead, though I had to annoy it to get a clear shot. Never mind Swish. He has to get involved
20190522_211051.jpg
20190522_211136.jpg
in anything I do around the tank.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean... Ich liebe dich. Just say it out loud then realize it means I love you. Very harsh lamguage.
Zappa said (paraphrasing) God used the German language because it was the most efficient to build something like the universe.

Ich bin dein geheimer Schmutz

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zappa said (paraphrasing) God used the German language because it was the most efficient to build something like the universe.

Ich bin dein geheimer Schmutz

I have a feeling this isn't what you meant to say... maybe something got lost in the translation.

Screenshot_20190523-042240_Translate.jpg

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. You got it. It is a line from a Zappa song called Sofa part 2. It is about God building the universe. I like the line for the reason it uses the word Schmutz, which is used quite often in these parts. There is another reason I like it, that reminds me of someone, that I will keep to myself.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 165 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back