Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indifference seems to rule the day and its only going to get worse ..... Were Head for a Civility War :oops: sorry... lets get back to guinea hens

Guinea are great watch “dog” birds!! Noisy and mean but this one was the exception

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing is an Amish family are the first folks I saw cook them. I thought they wouldn't be good but, the husband invited me to eat and I couldn't say no. One of the best meals I have ever had in my life. When they invite someone to dinner, they really go all out. I had caught a mess of trout and gave them to them and the ladies cooked them too. I asked if I could help cook. Uh, that was a BIG no no! :)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing is an Amish family are the first folks I saw cook them. I thought they wouldn't be good but, the husband invited me to eat and I couldn't say no. One of the best meals I have ever had in my life. When they invite someone to dinner, they really go all out. I had caught a mess of trout and gave them to them and the ladies cooked them too. I asked if I could help cook. Uh, that was a BIG no no! :)

I can relate!!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can relate!!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the “epidemic” is but another finger shooting .. a .22 went clean through two fingers!

a5725dc115cb8bfd76f3e03b3e0d4543.jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile I have 7 acres of trees and yard surrounding me and while I use to play quarterback in college I couldn’t throw a football and hit his house even in my hey day!! And the dog was a teacup Yorkie!! Rarely outside! Smh!!
Back when I was a kid Doctors were seen as god like and they expected to be treated like it.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I was a kid Doctors were seen as god like and they expected to be treated like it.

Yes well we teach the next gen those days are gone. I tell patients all the time “I work for you”. It is my job “ my privilege” to meet them where they are. That includes coming up with a treatment plan based on all factors...allergies, cultural and religious beliefs, economic means, education level, sexual orientation whatever the case may be. I tell my students the fact that we were afforded the opportunity to be able to be educated on things doesn’t make us better or worse it just gives us knowledge and we have to find a way to incorporate that knowledge into the individual in front of us.
I still get patients that basically say ...here I am treat me!! And I try to bring them around to the idea that “here WE are let’s find out how to get to where you want to be...physically mentally and spiritually. “Treating one without the others will surely fail in the end”.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes well we teach the next gen those days are gone. I tell patients all the time “I work for you”. It is my job “ my privilege” to meet them where they are. That includes coming up with a treatment plan based on all factors...allergies, cultural and religious beliefs, economic means, education level, sexual orientation whatever the case may be. I tell my students the fact that we were afforded the opportunity to be able to be educated on things doesn’t make us better or worse it just gives us knowledge and we have to find a way to incorporate that knowledge into the individual in front of us.
I still get patients that basically say ...here I am treat me!! And I try to bring them around to the idea that “here WE are let’s find out how to get to where you want to be...physically mentally and spiritually. “Treating one without the others will surely fail in the end”.
I recall the Bedside Manner revolution.;Blackeye ...Your very grounded Doc and a pleasure to have around.
never lost my roots.
Give it 20 years and it will begin;)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back