****Brand new AQUASCAPE forum****

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 5 Month Old 110G Bare Bottom tank Aqua Scape.

Old rock from from Upgrading from 65G to 110G Tank.

3 Separate Island built from various pieces Glued together for max caves, and good flowthru. Couple of CaribSea Tonga Rock pieces laid flat Raised on Glued on Frag Plugs Stilts.
and the best part was the CaribSea Shape Rock Arch Piece that joined the two left Islands together (came later in the scape completion).

45421074101_428e58cf5f_h.jpg

This is a more all around view (on Day 1 of Tank Rock Scaping)

Last edited:

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 5 Month Old 110G Bare Bottom tank Aqua Scape.

Old rock from from Upgrading from 65G to 110G Tank.

3 Separate Island built from various pieces Glued together for max caves, and good flowthru. Couple of CaribSea Tonga Rock pieces laid flat Raised on Glued on Frag Plugs Stilts.
and the best part was the CaribSea Shape Rock Arch Piece that joined the two left Islands together (came later in the scape completion).

45421074101_428e58cf5f_h.jpg

This is a more all around view (on Day 1 of Tank Rock Scaping)

I love your scape. It seems to cover all needs. Swim room, hiding places, flow and lots of room for corals.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up in May 2018, still early day.
Ok......I thought I over did my frags (ie too many and too close) and am worrying now as they encrust and lock into place that I will have trouble.
But I LOVE your selection....must be fun to watch.
I got to watch your build thread to how things overlap.

Kieran McBride

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok......I thought I over did my frags (ie too many and too close) and am worrying now as they encrust and lock into place that I will have trouble.
But I LOVE your selection....must be fun to watch.
I got to watch your build thread to how things overlap.

I just got loads to grow out and wait until I see which I prefer the most, at that stage I'll remove the ones I like the least to allow space for my favourites

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got loads to grow out and wait until I see which I prefer the most, at that stage I'll remove the ones I like the least to allow space for my favourites
That's exactly what I was thinking. My tank started May 2018 like yours. My Tank Photo is two posts up.
Some frags have encrusted, and once they left the plug and touched the rock. (I moved one...but even a few molecules of sps left behind, has started fresh growth in that spot).
And now I am worried that I better start my selection/placement process sooner than later.
Don't get me wrong. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR SETUP and that you have room for so many nice pieces.
Every time I see a nice frag I want to buy it, to add it do my collection, but am holding myself back to avoid long term pain. Plating monti's are my biggest concern. Other grow slower.
Have fun. You have so much Eye Candy!!
Amazing!!

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your scape. It seems to cover all needs. Swim room, hiding places, flow and lots of room for corals.
Thanks. It took 3 tries to get it right, but I am really happy and fish love it too. Can't wait for Frags to grow out and fill things in.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kieran McBride Looks like you haven't started a Tank Thread YET. Hope you do, I want to follow along and see how things go.

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It took 3 tries to get it right, but I am really happy and fish love it too. Can't wait for Frags to grow out and fill things in.
After seeing your aquascape I went over to your build thread. I read the whole thing throughout the day and I must say, your attention to detail kept me intrigued to read more. It was like reading a good book. Following along for more.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing your aquascape I went over to your build thread. I read the whole thing throughout the day and I must say, your attention to detail kept me intrigued to read more. It was like reading a good book. Following along for more.
:) Thank you. :) I do the thread details for myself (maybe my son, when he get's his head out of his video games SOME DAY), but even better when a fellow reefer enjoys it.

TysTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

New to having a peninsula. Here’s my 90ish gallon (40x24x23)

Here was attempt #1
To me it just felt like too much rock in the back of the tank and My euphyllia were getting blown around by the flow by being on the sides.
3b0bb86bcd781dcc90710aea5e59941f.jpg

This is attempt #2 at a scape with transferring corals/rock from my 50g. I need advice with how to complete this or if it’s even a good start. The goal is two-three structures. The back structure will be SPS with the Radion toward the back half of the tank (T5s run the length with aquatic life hybrid fixture) this area will also get more direct flow with an MP40 on each side and a Jebao (gyre knockoff) in the center. I would then put euphyllia toward the center to keep them out of the high flow areas.
Then softies and zoas mixed in or toward the front if possible.

I need advice on the rock structures and if I should attempt to move to three smaller structures. Hoping to keep one plate rock for sps that can hopefully grow out and add more height to the back rocks.

Thanks for any feedback

6da1ec32ba0eadaad9ecc6d4baf9df33.jpg

b1d28cf7ea938e9a4b16c729e7dd22c3.jpg

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Welcome to our brand new AQUASCAPE DISCUSSION forum!!!

5.jpg

We're really excited about this forum, and we hope it will fill up with great tips, discussions, questions, and of course LOTS of photos of aquascapes! Aquascaping is (at least) as much an art as it is a science, and there's a lot to learn about how to get the desired aesthetic effect, function, and real estate out of your scape. Be sure to share your journey with us here, and we'll all advance together!

3.jpg

WHAT WE NEED: Some great experienced aquascapers to subscribe to this forum and help out with the questions and tips that will populate this forum.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
  1. Post your questions, musings, and tips here. START SOME THREADS!
  2. Subscribe to the NEW aquascape hashtags that can be used to alert you to new questions or posts about aquascapes: #greatscape #aquascapeart #scapewizard
  3. Use these hashtags to either encourage or call for help.
2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg
I have Tonga Shelf with the base still attached ,and I was wondering what is a a good way to anchor it down since it is so top heavy. I don’t want a busted tank.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I propped mine up with a couple of other rocks on one side, a piece of branch below the tip of the shelf, to give it a tripod of sorts to sit on.

~Bruce

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back