Brand New Beginner to Reefing

defasum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Local here from Keller. I've been to all of those LFS you mentioned. The new Fish Gallery building is spectacular! you should look into the local reef club DFWMAS. I have had a great time meeting local reefers at frag swaps. I WON my first corals that got me started in the hobby as door prizes at my first frag swap.

OP
OP
F

Franco1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Local here from Keller. I've been to all of those LFS you mentioned. The new Fish Gallery building is spectacular! you should look into the local reef club DFWMAS. I have had a great time meeting local reefers at frag swaps. I WON my first corals that got me started in the hobby as door prizes at my first frag swap.
Agreed on the Fish Gallery building I had never been to the old one but that place got me hooked by just walking in. I will be looking into the group because a frag swap sounds awesome.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1626233577537.png

defasum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed on the Fish Gallery building I had never been to the old one but that place got me hooked by just walking in. I will be looking into the group because a frag swap sounds awesome.

the DFWMAS forums are not very active nowadays but the LFS tours, member tank tours and frag swaps were awesome if they bring them back post-covid. You'll occasionally find some great deals on livestock & dry goods.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am new to reefing. I have had fish in the past but the usual home beta/ Goldfish all while I was 8-10 yrs old. Now older I don't want the same (what I would say) Boring fish. My daughter loves nemo and of course we have to have a nemo tank now. I love science and animals so I believe this would be a great hobby that will show my hard work. I am open to any and all advice as this is my 1st saltwater tank. I am in the Dallas TX area and my go to shops are Saltwater Paradise, Fish Gallery, and Exotic Aquatics.

Welcome! Glad you joined, and glad you are planning a family tank - this is such a great hobby for the whole family. I also got nemo for our family :) Familiar with Saltwater Paradise but not the others - I'm over in Grand Prairie.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I am new to reefing. I have had fish in the past but the usual home beta/ Goldfish all while I was 8-10 yrs old. Now older I don't want the same (what I would say) Boring fish. My daughter loves nemo and of course we have to have a nemo tank now. I love science and animals so I believe this would be a great hobby that will show my hard work. I am open to any and all advice as this is my 1st saltwater tank. I am in the Dallas TX area and my go to shops are Saltwater Paradise, Fish Gallery, and Exotic Aquatics.
Finding Nemo Morning GIF by Disney Pixar
Welcome to the salty family!!! I wish you lots of success. It is a great thing to experience with your kids.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the DFWMAS forums are not very active nowadays but the LFS tours, member tank tours and frag swaps were awesome if they bring them back post-covid. You'll occasionally find some great deals on livestock & dry goods.

DFWMAS has been holding monthly zoom meetings for active (paid) members, most recently on marine photography that sadly I'd planned to attend but missed as I was back East helping family. There was an amazing presentation by Chad Clayton of Reef Nutrition on "Copepods and other live foods." Thru DFWMAS, I know 10/30-31 is Aquashella Dallas. Expect to see more DFWMAS activity on actual website soon; they've kept their FaceBook presence active (daily!).

Putting Fish Gallery on my upcoming weekend plans! Thanks for tip

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back