Brand New BRStv Series...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What do you think? Is this a...

• Reef fantasy

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Reef certainty

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Inconclusive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (share with in a reply)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we launched a brand new series: BRStv Investigates. In this series we will explore popular reefing theories, products, methods, and what the manuals are missing, with a focus on putting them to the test!

This week we are talking metal halides:

"Does a single 250 watt double ended bulb perform as well as a 400 watt single ended bulb?"

What do you think? Is this a reef fantasy, reef certainty, inconclusive, or something else??

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is super and exactly what the hobby has been needing for a long time.

BRS, also consider that companies will be interested in some of these and by either holding them accountable or proving their worth with good for the hobbyists. So you may looking at getting some of their manufactures support.

I think a great video would be to see how little you actually need to run a hard coral tank. Though not optimal, maybe you can show what are the real necessary equipment and supplies to get started.

Potion juice! With so many magic potions is it even possible to prove/disprove them? However maybe you can show somehow that it's possible they have a real measurable benefit.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the 52 weeks series, following along for this one for sure.

Awesome!

Great video, very interesting in regards to the 250 watt bulbs.

Thanks!

Talked to Ryan a bit at MACNA so this is what he was talking about.:)

:D

This is super and exactly what the hobby has been needing for a long time.

BRS, also consider that companies will be interested in some of these and by either holding them accountable or proving their worth with good for the hobbyists. So you may looking at getting some of their manufactures support.

I think a great video would be to see how little you actually need to run a hard coral tank. Though not optimal, maybe you can show what are the real necessary equipment and supplies to get started.

Potion juice! With so many magic potions is it even possible to prove/disprove them? However maybe you can show somehow that it's possible they have a real measurable benefit.

Good point, and great suggestions. Thanks!

Reef 450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to see a video on micro bobble scrubbing. I saw some videos but I would like to know if it's actually a good thing.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to see a video on micro bobble scrubbing. I saw some videos but I would like to know if it's actually a good thing.

I'm pretty sure I saw this topic on the board for possible BRStv Investigates episodes. Fingers crossed that Ryan can fit it in! :)

-Randy

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back