****Brand new MACROALGAE forum!****

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone! We just set up our new ALGAE DISCUSSION area on R2R with forums for nuisance algae (which we've had for a while now) and now our brand new MACROALGAE forum!!

1.jpg

Please help us fill up this forum with great content about all things MACRO! If you keep a refugium, display refugium, or maybe even incorporate macros into your display, then this forum is for YOU!
We need some of you guys and gals who know macros to write up some cool content that will help us all learn more about the best practices with growing and incorporating macros for all of their great uses. Please share your tips and experiences with us here. Also, for those of you with macro questions, we need you to post those here too!!

Here is a hashtag that we need some of you macro experts to subscribe to: #macromasters We'd also love for some of you who are really passionate about macroalgaes to subscribe to this forum and help us out with answering posts in here!

The rest of us can use this hashtag to ask those with more experience to help us out with questions and suggestions.

Let's populate this thread with some great macro pics!!!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! We just set up our new ALGAE DISCUSSION area on R2R with forums for nuisance algae (which we've had for a while now) and now our brand new MACROALGAE forum!!

1.jpg

Please help us fill up this forum with great content about all things MACRO! If you keep a refugium, display refugium, or maybe even incorporate macros into your display, then this forum is for YOU!
We need some of you guys and gals who know macros to write up some cool content that will help us all learn more about the best practices with growing and incorporating macros for all of their great uses. Please share your tips and experiences with us here. Also, for those of you with macro questions, we need you to post those here too!!

Here is a hashtag that we need some of you macro experts to subscribe to: #macromasters We'd also love for some of you who are really passionate about macroalgaes to subscribe to this forum and help us out with answering posts in here!

The rest of us can use this hashtag to ask those with more experience to help us out with questions and suggestions.

Let's populate this thread with some great macro pics!!!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Would love to recreate the bottom tank picture!

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad all these new forums are being added! I love macro algaes... I tried them in my display for a little while and think I'd liked to bring a few of them back. They're so aesthetically pleasing.

I have a 75 gallon fuge. Looking for advice on what macro algae to use for best nutrient reduction and what’s the best lights to use for macro to grow therefore reducing nitrates?
I just scoped the new forum and there's a poll on this topic. I, like many others, enjoy my chaeto algae. It grows rapidly so is good for the job of nutrient export. I grow mine in a DIY reactor with a mix of blue and red lights. I've never had it grow as well as it does now. :)

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Se
Can I start by asking What's the difference between Algae, Macro Algae, and Seaweed ?

Seaweed and macroalgae are the same, multicellular marine algae.
Micro algae are unicellular, single cells or grouped together.

/ David

chris85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!! I am following along. I will be back with pictures, but I am not a good photo taker!!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah about time we have a dedicated macro algae forum!! I think they are way over looked in the hobby I have a 20L macro tank. unfortunately it got over run by cotton candy algae and needs a reset. but is a fun challenge to do a macro tank for sure.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if dumb questions is what you want, here ya go. I have a 18 gallon refugium on a 72 gal display I harvest about 3 gallons of chetto every 2 weeks, my ph swings about .3 every night from 8.3 during the day to 8.6 at night. Should I turn down my light?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back