Brand new to Reefing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Birr83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Welcome on board. Turbo snails get large. In my opinion one is enough. And watch them. They like to call and land on their shells. And they pay there screaming " help I've fallen and can't get up". They face drowning if not helped. Not trying to talk you out of one. I have two and really enjoy them. They also can live years. And they also knock coral off.
 
Welcome aboard!!!

I like to do fish first actually. In a new tank, there isn’t much for the CUC to eat nor is there really a need for them, other than aesthetics. If you choose your CUC for an actual purpose, it’s easier to choose the correct kind. Once you add a fish or two, you start feeding the tank and then you get nutrients and you’ll see algae growth and who knows what else. You can then add CUC based on needs. Hope this helps!
 
welcome 1.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new