Brandon's IM Nuvo 40 SPS Reef

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! And no I havent. Any benefits to them?
Not sure. Just saw your background and pomps love some sand fleas and thought maybe you had tried at some point. I usually regret what I throw in that I collect locally. Though I did have a blenny that ate hydroids and aiptaisa. I might try sand flea eggs this summer just to see. Have fed mullet roe and things seemed to like that.

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Just saw your background and pomps love some sand fleas and thought maybe you had tried at some point. I usually regret what I throw in that I collect locally. Though I did have a blenny that ate hydroids and aiptaisa. I might try sand flea eggs this summer just to see. Have fed mullet roe and things seemed to like that.
Ah very true. Everything at work is fed a pelleted feed since it is much easier to control for experiments. Sounds like an awesome Blenny! I’d be curious to hear your results!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first shipment of SPS comes in tomorrow afternoon (red monti cap, green birdsnest), and I am really hoping its going to work well, because SPS is some of my favorite corals yet I own none. Until tomorrow :)

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first shipment of SPS comes in tomorrow afternoon (red monti cap, green birdsnest), and I am really hoping its going to work well, because SPS is some of my favorite corals yet I own none. Until tomorrow :)
Those are great starters! Give them good flow and light and stable parameters and they will do well!

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow you on IG and man I’d love to get to the same level of coloration you have! Very impressive
tipping derek jeter GIF

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brandon,
Great job at ROTM, just saw on IG! Well deserved :) I appreciate seeing a grown out tank versus a frag display merely collecting for fragging/selling. Your display is a living work of art, exceptional husbandry, and seeing your vision coming to life is second to none.
All the best!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brandon,
Great job at ROTM, just saw on IG! Well deserved :) I appreciate seeing a grown out tank versus a frag display merely collecting for fragging/selling. Your display is a living work of art, exceptional husbandry, and seeing your vision coming to life is second to none.
All the best!
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! Like I mentioned I’m in this hobby to have a mature, natural looking reef to enjoy so I’m glad that came through in my vision!

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brandon McHenry

Hey! I have the smaller brother to this tank [Nuvo 25 Lagoon]

I'm thinking about building a hood for mine - have you had any issues with the hood on your tank? I can't find an answer as to whether a hood on a rimless is a problem [structurally]. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures/info on how you have the hood built, why you built it so tall and how you gain access to the tank?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brandon McHenry

Hey! I have the smaller brother to this tank [Nuvo 25 Lagoon]

I'm thinking about building a hood for mine - have you had any issues with the hood on your tank? I can't find an answer as to whether a hood on a rimless is a problem [structurally]. I'd be interested in seeing more pictures/info on how you have the hood built, why you built it so tall and how you gain access to the tank?

Thanks!
Nice! No issues other than some inconveniences. It was built out of thin plywood and not super tall to keep the weight down. We also didn’t add a door so for feeding and such I just lift the side up but it has to come off completely for maintenance. The people at IM said it should be okay structurally and it’s been two years and all good!

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! No issues other than some inconveniences. It was built out of thin plywood and not super tall to keep the weight down. We also didn’t add a door so for feeding and such I just lift the side up but it has to come off completely for maintenance. The people at IM said it should be okay structurally and it’s been two years and all good!
Awesome - good to hear! My plan is to box frame the tank, with the ply holding it in place, but with the front on a set of hinges to rotate up and away.

Right now, I'm using a "black pipe" with a 90 degree adapter to hang my light, and I want to limit access to "into" the tank.

Thanks for sharing, and awesome tank!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome - good to hear! My plan is to box frame the tank, with the ply holding it in place, but with the front on a set of hinges to rotate up and away.

Right now, I'm using a "black pipe" with a 90 degree adapter to hang my light, and I want to limit access to "into" the tank.

Thanks for sharing, and awesome tank!
Sounds like a good plan! Hope it all works out! :D

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the tank is a little over two years old but most of the corals I have now are about a year old. This tank took a solid year plus to mature since I used dry rock but after that things started to do well. These last six months corals have really exploded in growth.
Teach me your ways

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back