BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've seen some orange adults before but they are gone now , fingers crossed it will be ok after treatment and i never gonna see them again , I can't see any eggs after 4th one

20181017_170334.jpg

20181017_163238.jpg

20181017_163215.jpg

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Could it be possible that some folks experiencing something less than success are underestimating their system volume? I for one don't know the EXACT gallons of my system after figuring displacement of rock/sand etc, nor the exact volume my sump normally runs at. I only have a ballpark/educated guess type of number in mind. And when I start my treatment (after my product arrives) I'll be dosing based on that number, but for all I know I could be underestimating which could very well lead to less than ideal results, no?

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would dose for your whole system volume and not deduct for rocks, sand etc.

For example, say you have a 75 gallon main tank with a 20 gallon sump and the sump is roughly half full, I would treat that as a 85 gallon system. Just pretend there is nothing in the tank and sump, besides water and guesstimate that :)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I would dose for your whole system volume and not deduct for rocks, sand etc.

For example, say you have a 75 gallon main tank with a 20 gallon sump and the sump is roughly half full, I would treat that as a 85 gallon system :)
I agree. I'm just wondering if some folks who aren't getting results could be underestimating their volume. Just an idea of why some are seeing success and some aren't. Or..there's a super AEFW out there. :D Which I hope I don't have!

jason142

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, as much as I wanted this to work it seems a no go for me. I did the full treatment, 18oz for a 180g and 9oz every 7 days after. Removed carbon and didn't run my skimmer at all until the 6th day. I found some eggs today on frags that I bought after I started the treatment and got these off my vivid rainbow delight.
eabb7c5a0ad0069eb6db61c3da254a72.jpg
6fecad23b0108942997cedd52ec0bfb8.jpg

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I forget if I already said this but this product appears to have worked for me and a friend. Havent found a flatworm in about 2 months. No losses or issues with any fish or livestock.

I however did do my treatment in a qt tank with only a few small pieces of live rock, siporax, acropora, one melanarus wrasse, and some trochus snails. No sand or other fish/corals/anemones(except for aiptasia who didnt mind) so I cant comment on whether or not it is 100% reef safe since it wasnt done in a traditional reef tank environment.

I can confirm however that it did not kill the berghia nudibranchs I added right before treatment to handle the aiptasia.

I used the original pre order no label bottles and my friend used ones ordered from the site with labels.

Some additional info:

Left skimmer on the whole time, cup off for 48-72 hrs after each dose.

Did 2 oz per gallon 1st dose
1 oz per gallon 2nd dose
1 oz per gallon 3rd dose
2 oz per gallon 4th dose (I still found one or two adult worms after 3rd dose and was assured it was ok but could do double dose for the 4th dose just in case)

I never did a water change during or after treatment, I was told that was ok. Ph and alk consumption dropped a little for about 5 days after each dose so just have to adjust accordingly.

I had previously tried kz flatworm stop up to double dose for 6+ months on this tank and although it significantly reduced the numbers one day they started multiplying rapidly again. So for me, and my friend, this product has been amazing.

Thanks @UWC

Even if this only works for 75% of people (pretty sure it's a higher percentage right now though) this is a HUGE step in the right direction.

One more tip, shake the bottle like hell before every dose and then immediately fill your measuring cups. It settles easily and you want the full gunk load : )

If anyone has any questions you can pm me and I'd be happy to answer them.

Oops, I wrote the wrong the doses.

1st dose, 2oz per 20 gallons
2nd dose, 1oz per 20 gallons
3rd dose, 1 oz per 20 gallons
4th dose, 2 oz per 20 gallons.

I did not use 2oz or 1oz per gallon for any doses, that's way too much lol.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, as much as I wanted this to work it seems a no go for me. I did the full treatment, 18oz for a 180g and 9oz every 7 days after. Removed carbon and didn't run my skimmer at all until the 6th day. I found some eggs today on frags that I bought after I started the treatment and got these off my vivid rainbow delight.
eabb7c5a0ad0069eb6db61c3da254a72.jpg
6fecad23b0108942997cedd52ec0bfb8.jpg

You cant really say it didnt work if you added corals during treatment, especially if you found eggs on those corals. I'm not saying it would have worked otherwise but you interrupted the full 4 dose treatment when you did that.

jason142

View Badges
Reaction score
You cant really say it didnt work if you added corals during treatment, especially if you found eggs on those corals. I'm not saying it would have worked otherwise but you interrupted the full 4 dose treatment when you did that.
I dipped with expel and inspected the frags very thorough for eggs with a magnifying glass before adding them to the tank.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I dipped with expel and inspected the frags very thorough for eggs with a magnifying glass before adding them to the tank.
Doesnt mean you didnt miss something, just saying. If it was a scientific experiment the results would have been thrown out.

Again, I'm not saying that's what actually happened, just a possibility. If I were you I would try it again though without doing that.

sebastianpolen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting, never seen fluorescent orange ones like that, maybe it's just the camera
I've never seen before orange ones , he was dead and didn't swim , just floating in the water , I wasn't one , I saw few of them , I think that purge can change they're colour

rui.manuel.gaspar

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have done the whole treatment (I had a batch from the first shipment to UK - 5 bottles)
Turned off the skimmer for 48h after the initial double dose, removed carbon and I don't use filter stocks ever.
The other 3 doses, skimmer was with cup off for 48h
Never done the water changes as I am following the Triton method.

Alk consumption stopped after 24h of the initial dose. PO4 spiked to 0.7ppm and it's now slowly dropping 0.64 currently.

Kept blowing affected corals during the whole treatment. These are a feast for my anthias.

After the 3rd dose I was still seeing AEFW but smaller than initially.

In the mid of the 3rd week I started suspecting one acro. Decided to blow that one and all of a sudden 10/12 AEFW large came out all alive.
Still, because the claims that AEFW would loose their ability to reproduce I hoped ...

Today, 1 1/2 week after the last treatment, I went to blow the initial affected colonies and ...

XstVQalxFubtGxhKZRw7O35jGHPOv0hrQe5koLQLvtp3yeUZTdqxQd7BT46n9v6FcDsKMQylg2exNfAlGyw5oOFW5gm9rsN1MM8n0eMhweWrjQOccwIe3TxuTIjsiyDEYyBB5KYKt-gj9twH5rFouXOtZ7g8U2DEyZXmb9j45PYBxC7UpAMfIyCEE0oASg4gjeXsokgGwQiQKYlMiegOSomxoB4-ImKO7hl36AMhwIfTTEHjreYCn_5Vpa9Ptg7lYmaf6LKrn8eZSRDBBd9KJAS4gaZGTTnWvGrS0N59jxknZ4EBnEeYBHrAtyD4Ur-uDxOOp6dpowCxx_6vh4yXjJ5hTeY0LICTEp_CVctqjxD2hNu2C0ONs7vqi2R5J7zlwK6iPX__9hHqvm7xk01DMNAR_VX9vLLDQlZg55yMV00xRwLRL5R6xRYuBZigZB8hBZKicwoHVfrCtz3l8-vVMzKZZeNBu9eVv5ZUNLxue3LQCb0NmWqEowkHQWYIhZL4pQwHewJJ3rnkAK27GAajUedGfSzwN_mbQGLvPm6Q2OFQbADBfSd-_JMonzAILpMdpH4QW9_x6jcuNTK00Mxe42_dTJ-loYibS6gnN-EO1r_eLsTagYnNc9gG4bIxnGrB=w908-h1210-no

Still alive and pretty much active!

What now?
All the best,
Rui

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all,

So I have done the whole treatment (I had a batch from the first shipment to UK - 5 bottles)
Turned off the skimmer for 48h after the initial double dose, removed carbon and I don't use filter stocks ever.
The other 3 doses, skimmer was with cup off for 48h
Never done the water changes as I am following the Triton method.

Alk consumption stopped after 24h of the initial dose. PO4 spiked to 0.7ppm and it's now slowly dropping 0.64 currently.

Kept blowing affected corals during the whole treatment. These are a feast for my anthias.

After the 3rd dose I was still seeing AEFW but smaller than initially.

In the mid of the 3rd week I started suspecting one acro. Decided to blow that one and all of a sudden 10/12 AEFW large came out all alive.
Still, because the claims that AEFW would loose their ability to reproduce I hoped ...

Today, 1 1/2 week after the last treatment, I went to blow the initial affected colonies and ...

XstVQalxFubtGxhKZRw7O35jGHPOv0hrQe5koLQLvtp3yeUZTdqxQd7BT46n9v6FcDsKMQylg2exNfAlGyw5oOFW5gm9rsN1MM8n0eMhweWrjQOccwIe3TxuTIjsiyDEYyBB5KYKt-gj9twH5rFouXOtZ7g8U2DEyZXmb9j45PYBxC7UpAMfIyCEE0oASg4gjeXsokgGwQiQKYlMiegOSomxoB4-ImKO7hl36AMhwIfTTEHjreYCn_5Vpa9Ptg7lYmaf6LKrn8eZSRDBBd9KJAS4gaZGTTnWvGrS0N59jxknZ4EBnEeYBHrAtyD4Ur-uDxOOp6dpowCxx_6vh4yXjJ5hTeY0LICTEp_CVctqjxD2hNu2C0ONs7vqi2R5J7zlwK6iPX__9hHqvm7xk01DMNAR_VX9vLLDQlZg55yMV00xRwLRL5R6xRYuBZigZB8hBZKicwoHVfrCtz3l8-vVMzKZZeNBu9eVv5ZUNLxue3LQCb0NmWqEowkHQWYIhZL4pQwHewJJ3rnkAK27GAajUedGfSzwN_mbQGLvPm6Q2OFQbADBfSd-_JMonzAILpMdpH4QW9_x6jcuNTK00Mxe42_dTJ-loYibS6gnN-EO1r_eLsTagYnNc9gG4bIxnGrB=w908-h1210-no

Still alive and pretty much active!

What now?
All the best,
Rui
I just placed my order yesterday and am so worried this will end up being me, without success. Ugh, such a bummer.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just placed my order yesterday and am so worried this will end up being me, without success. Ugh, such a bummer.

I placed mine as well but I’m taking extra measurements to give my self a chance at nipping this on the but, I have clipped every single one of my acros of rocks and place them on brand new plugs, I was lucky enough to be able to remove the encrusted rocks and scrapped off all encrust on rocks, I created a rack and it’s leaning against my front panel away from all the rocks, I’m also on my 2nd week dipping in Bayer, when I get to week 4 of dipping I will start my purge to make sure I get any remaining ones on rocks. I’m also dipping in melafix which. I did toss away a substantial amount of acro trunks you can say and only kept new healthy branches to avoid missing any tiny eggs or AEFW

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I placed mine as well but I’m taking extra measurements to give my self a chance at nipping this on the but, I have clipped every single one of my acros of rocks and place them on brand new plugs, I was lucky enough to be able to remove the encrusted rocks and scrapped off all encrust on rocks, I created a rack and it’s leaning against my front panel away from all the rocks, I’m also on my 2nd week dipping in Bayer, when I get to week 4 of dipping I will start my purge to make sure I get any remaining ones on rocks. I’m also dipping in melafix which. I did toss away a substantial amount of acro trunks you can say and only kept new healthy branches to avoid missing any tiny eggs or AEFW
I was hoping to avoid all that rigga maroll with the Purge, as you're taking all the steps one would take anyway without the Purge, except I guess for the fallow period afterward. I've gone through the Bayer, dips, scrapes etc in the past and my sps didn't fare well. I was hoping to just leave them as is this time and use the Purge. We shall see though. Darn things!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back