BREAKING NEWS! We Have Officially Eradicated AEFW's With A 100% Reef Safe IN TANK Treatment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
60D6E0EE-A058-4724-8477-86B6FFD881F9.jpeg

Just thought I would post some pics to demonstrate that Purge will not harm acros. This is an infected smooth-skinned acro that I was afraid to dip because they're so sensitive. This pic was taken in September before treating with Purge. It was losing tissue on the left side and I expected it to get worse.

6F9C476A-CD1C-4146-8D09-341DCC6E0312.jpeg

After the Purge treatment, color has returned, tissue has regrown, and it has completely encrusted on the plug. It's a happy acro!

jason142

View Badges
Reaction score
@UWC, I just finished my 4th dose on Sunday and basted my sps today and was still getting AEFW off of them. I only ran my skimmer for 1 day before the next retreatment. Carbon and filter socks have been removed since the beginning. I have done the exact same thing as the first time I did the treatment with the exception of increasing to dosing amount. I have 1 more bottle left so going to dose that this coming Sunday.

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am posting this as a sharing of information,I dosed this product for men's and had a good result with no ill effects to my tank...However.....recently(about 2 months later) i cleaned the walls of my sump which was caked with the residue.I am not saying this was the only cause but after wiping it down some got in my water and clouded it significantly and it took about 5 days to clear and i lost some nice acro colonies.again not sure it was the cause but a word of caution if it was.

Owram2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Dosed in my 3th dose and still see pretty big size flatworm being blown out by my blaster. Confidence level beginning to drop.
Although that’s the case, some of my acros color are coming back a little. Lost 2 acros but it’s likely due to them being too far gone.

Jorge Ramírez

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "RazorRamon, post: 5421936, miembro: 108025"] Use el gusano plano ex para los gusanos planos rojos. Creo que salifert lo hace [/ QUOTE]
Ya lo probé y no funciona.

Frogger

View Badges
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "RazorRamon, post: 5421936, miembro: 108025"] Use el gusano plano ex para los gusanos planos rojos. Creo que salifert lo hace [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = Ya lo probé y no funciona.[/ QUOTE]
Many have had success using Flatworm ex for red planaria. Maybe try it again making sure to follow the instructions closely. I had success eliminating my red planaria when I was dosing hydrogen peroxide to try to control Bryopsis.
Using Purge to control red planaria is like killing mosquitoes with a shotgun.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I hate speaking for the users, but wins are still far outweighing losses by a landslide. This thread is long but just skim through the last 10 or so pages here. Lately we’ve had a few people contact us who originally did not think the treatment had worked as they still had a few worms at the end of the treatment, later to find out that it did indeed inhibit the worms from laying eggs and once those worms died off, there were none to be found.

If you search for Purge threads on the google time machine and pull up threads from different forums around the US and other countries there are threads like this where you can read a lot of success stories as well :)

Dawid006

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I also started purge treatments. The second dose has already been used but I see an invasion of aefw greater than the use of purge. Now I am wondering whether I should not even bottle a few more to make three doses with triple strength and the last double. Eggs are also visible. After reading the thread, I come to the conclusion that maybe I have a weaker party from the first ones. Counsel something. Is it possible to help with cure and soak acropora in dips?

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
im curious to know if there is enough in the 16oz bottles for the double dosages? i am wanting to get 3 bottles to treat my 150gal tank and didnt know if i needed to order 4 bottles instead of 3.

Cujo#31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a question for UWC that I had originally emailed as an enquiry from their web site that I have yet to get a response.
A friend of mine started your treatment and within days he pulled huge WC to stop the treatment. Very shortly after starting the treatment his consumption bottomed out and his SPS started showing significant signs of distress. Had he not been on top of his testing he would have lost the tank as Alk numbers skyrocketed. Any explanation?

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a question for UWC that I had originally emailed as an enquiry from their web site that I have yet to get a response.
A friend of mine started your treatment and within days he pulled huge WC to stop the treatment. Very shortly after starting the treatment his consumption bottomed out and his SPS started showing significant signs of distress. Had he not been on top of his testing he would have lost the tank as Alk numbers skyrocketed. Any explanation?

You should also have you friend post, It seems like more details could be conveyed. The huge water change could have made a bigger swing often causing issues for SPS. I would have done a daily change instead of one huge. And your post posted in triplicate for some reason.

Cujo#31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
A question for UWC. I had sent this question to their email address but have not received a response yet. A friend of mine started using the product as per your instructions and within days he had to pull the plug, do a massive WC and re-stabilize his system. The problem that showed up was that his system stopped consuming nutrients and his Alk climbed to very high values. Had he not been on top of testing he probably would have lost the entire system. He only keyed into the issue because his SPS were showing signs of an unusual level of stress.
He is a seasoned reefer with rock solid husbandry practices and has always used the dosing process for tank stability so I would take improper metering or measuring off the table as a possible cause.

Cujo#31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You should also have you friend post, It seems like more details could be conveyed. The huge water change could have made a bigger swing often causing issues for SPS. I would have done a daily change instead of one huge. And your post posted in triplicate for some reason.
The WC was done AFTER the issues manefested. Up until this point he was doing as prescribed and recommended

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The first few doses will slow alk consumption from the shock/change to the system. It’s important to test alk daily to avoid any spikes. Generally around week three, corals will start to use alk again at a more normal rate, but every tank is different, so it is important to test and adjust as needed :)

Cujo#31

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks, that clears it up. Other than that, it’s been a while since I read this thread end to end, is there anything else that has developed in terms of hints or tips? I really want to use this product as part of my coral QT regimen.

jd-woodlands

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a couple of bottles coming this week, have some AEFW that came in on a colony a few weeks ago.

For an AIO tank with a skimmer in the back would you consider that a sump based skimmer?

I am assuming you just don’t want anything removed via skimming, so I am planning on keeping it running with no cup. It helps maintain my ph.

I have a tank full of SPS that is very healthy short of a few with AEFW, I’ll be posting to this thread with pictures of the before / during / after. I would just like to be reassured people have had safe treatments as I have recently added $750+ worth of new frags that would be terrible to lose as they are all healthy and encrusting.

Thanks for any feedback, tips, or anything else.

Back