Bretts 40g breeder build

I would go with Slip/threaded or even Slip/slip for the bulkheads. Using bulkheads with slip fittings on the flange side makes plumbing and adjusting the plumbing within the overflow box much easier. Obviously order the appropriate barb fittings... I would suggest atleast one section of PVC, ideally you can plumb it right off the sump to make mounting and adjusting a gate valve MUCH easier than trying to adjust the valve that's plumbed just into soft tubing....

If you go the threaded route, I will also suggest threaded paste, most companies do not reccomend using teflon tape on PVC threads. While it can be done, it requires EXTRA careful attention and lots of practice to get right..
 
Last edited:
I would go with Slip/threaded or even Slip/slip for the bulkheads. Using bulkheads with slip fittings on the flange side makes plumbing and adjusting the plumbing within the overflow box much easier. Obviously order the appropriate barb fittings... I would suggest atleast one section of PVC, ideally you can plumb it right off the sump to make mounting and adjusting a gate valve MUCH easier than trying to adjust the valve that's plumbed just into soft tubing....

If you go the threaded route, I will also suggest threaded paste, most companies do not reccomend using teflon tape on PVC threads. While it can be done, it requires EXTRA careful attention and lots of practice to get right..

thanks I’ll keep that in mind i have so much extra pvc anyways around the house lol
 
be careful drilling that thin glass both tens and 40 ,have you ever drilled glass before??
 
be careful drilling that thin glass both tens and 40 ,have you ever drilled glass before??
yep. Also my neighbor installs and drills yacht glass. He said he would help. He gets contracted on boats worth hundred million dollars needing a couple mil in glass work. I was Talking to him about it and he says because the glass isn’t tempered it will be super easy for him and I to complete.
 
hey brett where are you located?
 
Man, we just moved away from Ft Lauderdale back in December...couldn't take it there any more.not a bad place, just not our style.
Yeah it’s hit and miss for everyone. im born and raised here. We are a different breed.
me and my buddies are the crazy rednecks lol
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new