OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are hanging out enjoying the very breezy weather. Sitting at BoardWalk, eating icecream, people watching today.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you this weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to hang out for awhile during your family vacation. The world needs more people like you!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get caught up after the MACNA trip. While in Orlando this weekend I got a call from my wife on Friday saying our water heater sprung a leak. Great. On Sunday while traveling home I got a text saying our HVAC wasn't working right. Great..... Anyway, yesterday I picked up enough stuff to replace the water heater and now just need time to do it. I also got the HVAC unit working well enough that despite being 92F outside the house didn't go above 77F. Having that worked on either today or tomorrow.

So, the bad news... #honestyinreefing

Major aggression issues this weekend while I was gone. The change in feeding habits seemed to have triggered a massive fight between my Hippo tang and the Convict tang. Unfortunately, the Convict did not make it. The Hippo is pretty beat up but I think he will pull through. I've had the Convict for well over 2 years and he has been my favorite fish so it is sad to see him gone. Not sure if there was anything I could have done had I been home.

Otherwise, things seem to be going great, especially with the coral. I've got a few coral I need to cut back since they are growing into each other. Trying to decide if I am going to just toss the clippings or try and put them on frag plugs. I'll figure that part out when i actually have time to do the work. If the water heater change out goes smoothly that could be tomorrow.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Played hard at Disney. Learned a to at MACNA and finally met some of the wonderful people from R2R in person. Now, I’m exhausted and calling it a show. Time for kicking back with an old friend to watch football.

I'm not sure if I fit into the category of "wonderful people", but it was great to meet you in person at MACNA!!! :)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 years, and the favorite. Sigh ...

Hope the hippo makes it. What sizes were they?
The hippo still looks rough but I'm seeing signs of healing. He is roughly 8" long. I'd guess the Convict was about 6" long.

I'm not sure if I fit into the category of "wonderful people", but it was great to meet you in person at MACNA!!! :)
Nah, people like us are completely replaceable. ;) :p

But seriously, it was great meeting you in person, also. I enjoyed everyone I had a chance to talk to there. I've found that I get along with almost everyone in the hobby. It seems to take a certain disposition...

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must have been a vicious battle. Big strong fish do serious damage.

Truely sorry :(
It is hard to believe how much damage they can do. Not sure how much they do directly, but they definitely cut themselves up on the rock while going at it.

Just finished a water change and cleaned the skimmer. Might do some fragging tomorrow if I can find the time and energy.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your Convict after 2 years. Glad the hippo looks to be healing. What was you fav part of the Star Wars park? We’re a big geek fam and looking to plan a trip once kids schedule and jobs settle down.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your Convict after 2 years. Glad the hippo looks to be healing. What was you fav part of the Star Wars park? We’re a big geek fam and looking to plan a trip once kids schedule and jobs settle down.
The entire area is visually amazing! I was dissapointed in the Smuggler's Run ride. Hopefully the 2nd ride will be better when it opens.
For a Star Wars fan, this was heaven.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get caught up after the MACNA trip. While in Orlando this weekend I got a call from my wife on Friday saying our water heater sprung a leak. Great. On Sunday while traveling home I got a text saying our HVAC wasn't working right. Great..... Anyway, yesterday I picked up enough stuff to replace the water heater and now just need time to do it. I also got the HVAC unit working well enough that despite being 92F outside the house didn't go above 77F. Having that worked on either today or tomorrow.

So, the bad news... #honestyinreefing

Major aggression issues this weekend while I was gone. The change in feeding habits seemed to have triggered a massive fight between my Hippo tang and the Convict tang. Unfortunately, the Convict did not make it. The Hippo is pretty beat up but I think he will pull through. I've had the Convict for well over 2 years and he has been my favorite fish so it is sad to see him gone. Not sure if there was anything I could have done had I been home.

Otherwise, things seem to be going great, especially with the coral. I've got a few coral I need to cut back since they are growing into each other. Trying to decide if I am going to just toss the clippings or try and put them on frag plugs. I'll figure that part out when i actually have time to do the work. If the water heater change out goes smoothly that could be tomorrow.
Geesh, that is just nuts. Talk about when it rains, it pours. Hope all is caught up in the household now.
I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful convict tang. I know he was a beloved fish. :(
Do you think you will try again, or remove the other fish to have another convict or just allow the fish population to grow, change and evolve?
We finally got home late last night. I am whooped. :) BTW that weird vertigo I was experiencing kept getting worse. I went to the doctor and I have an ear and sinus infection. It wasn’t just the carpet pattern. lol.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back