OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice FTS, the Magnifent FF and the BT look like best buddies.
I think being the biggest 2 fish in the tank gives them a bond.

But... you inspired me.. how about an actual FTS?

DSC_0003-2.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being the biggest 2 fish in the tank gives them a bond.

But... you inspired me.. how about an actual FTS?
Thanks Brew, I just arrived home and this is today’s FTS.

6C33D886-D8F6-4DEC-9638-7957BE0132C3.jpeg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have probably answered this already but what camera, lens, and settings do you use.
It's a Nikon D5600 with a Nikkor 18-55mm lens, a Nikkor 55-200mm lens, a Tamron 90mm lens and an extension tube kit.
I use Lightroom for post processing and just use the auto feature on the camera. I find it easier to make the adjustments in Lightroom than via the camera.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to an odd alarm on the tank. The temperature probe has failed. It was bouncing all over the place with crazy readings. No harm done to the tank and actual temperature doesn't looked to have changed by more than 1F. All is good.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update.... I didn't bother switching my fail safe temp probe to use it for control and my tank only dropped by 2 degrees overnight. I have no concerns over a few hours at 76F and I'd rather do that than risk a heater failing on.

In other news... alk demand is still increasing regularly. After a little manual addition to get alk to 9.5dKH it got up to 9.6dKH and then stayed there for all of 8 hours dosing at a rate of 84ml per day. I've kicked it up to 90ml to see what happens.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a Nikon D5600 with a Nikkor 18-55mm lens, a Nikkor 55-200mm lens, a Tamron 90mm lens and an extension tube kit.
I use Lightroom for post processing and just use the auto feature on the camera. I find it easier to make the adjustments in Lightroom than via the camera.
I thought it was a canon. Husband brought home his work camera to practice on my tank. I could not get a clean focused picture. It is a canon with a 100 micro fancy lens. Definitely not point and shoot. I prefer my Nikon.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I needed some supplies so I placed an order with BRS. When I opened the box I could have sworn they sent me someone else's order. Then I realized that 2 of the items were correct and the other 2 were wrong.
A quick call to BRS and they apologized and are sending out the correct stuff. They were going to let me keep the stuff they incorrectly sent but one item was fairly expensive so I offered to send it back. The guy I talked to sounded a little surprised but was pleased.
Of course, it's always better to get things right the first time but I can't argue with customer service like this!

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I needed some supplies so I placed an order with BRS. When I opened the box I could have sworn they sent me someone else's order. Then I realized that 2 of the items were correct and the other 2 were wrong.
A quick call to BRS and they apologized and are sending out the correct stuff. They were going to let me keep the stuff they incorrectly sent but one item was fairly expensive so I offered to send it back. The guy I talked to sounded a little surprised but was pleased.
Of course, it's always better to get things right the first time but I can't argue with customer service like this!
#honestyinreefing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back