OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back and looked. Since I started using Chroma again 20 days ago, my alk/calc demand has gone up by 48ml per day. I'm sure some of that is attributed to normal growth, but this much seems pretty crazy.

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm pulling the trigger on a calcium reactor. I'm not sure if it is the Chroma spurring my crazy growth spurt or something else, but I'm up to over 270ml daily of each 2 part right now and demand keeps going.

Working on gathering everything I need to start switching over. The other nice thing is that it will eventually free up 3 dosing heads so I can automatically add other things. Saves me from buying another 4 head doser. I do plan on continuing with the 1.4L of Kalk per day to help with pH.

The Deltec Twin Tech Calcium Reactor looks pretty slick!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Deltec Twin Tech Calcium Reactor looks pretty slick!
Man those things look nice but I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on one. Avast has a nice looking design at a great price right now as a pre-order. I'll be saving $2k going this route.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got nuthin’
Know nuthin’ about calcium reactors
It took me hours to figure out how level control and flow works in them. Such a mental block with that because it is really fairly simple. I think I have the basics worked out now and have ordered everything I should need except the CO2 canister. I drive by a place I can pick one up on my way home from work so no rush to get that. Will be a few weeks before the reactor comes.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick phone pic with my lights turning blue
AA048156-2707-4124-94D3-FDA90475DFD0.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No pictures today, sorry. Just not much reason to take pictures of a clear coating being put on a stand.

I'm loving the Flex Seal inside the stand. I was thinking it would leave a stick/tacky/rubbery surface but that isn't the case. Very glad I went that route.

One other comment... I decided to put my Deltec skimmer on my old system. Wow. That's all I've got. Wow. I ran it overnight in a vinegar solution. Changed it out. Literally had it dialed in and producing skimmate in 5 minutes. Most of that time was me actually figuring out how to adjust it. This is so much easier than my Curve 7.
People are teasing me about Flex Seal. Little do they know...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think they're teasing you because of the Flex Seal as much as they're teasing you because you're, well, you. ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely works! I do wish I hadn't been in such a rush when I painted my stand. It's holding up well after 2 years but another coat or two would have been nice.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If God touches their heart, they are better for it and I get left alone! (Win win)

Why I don't pray for strength...
"What does not kill you, makes you stronger"

I've been through much more than enough pain and hurt in this life.
I'm strong enough thank you.

Keep that pretty reef going my friend.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef is looking great!

Sometimes we don't quite know what to say so we remain quiet.
That silence does not mean we don't feel.

I pray you don't go through all that I've gone through.
My prayers are with you both.
Thank you, on both counts.

And we will both be fine. This separation is extremely amicable. We still care about each other way too much for it to be any other way. Last night I grilled up some steaks, we popped open a bottle of wine, and we enjoyed sitting and talking for a quiet hour. Of course, then we went back into high gear continuing to pack stuff up and get things ready for her move.... Did I mention we are both type A?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at life different.
I look at faith different.

I pray for God to touch the heart of those who hurt me.
I do NOT pray for strength.
Do not pray for or patience!

Nah, I pray for strength to get through specific Problems.

Last edited:

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strength or patience!
Nah, I pray for strength to get through specific Problems.

To me,
God gives you strength by putting you through difficult situations.
The more hard times you go through and come out of without cracking, the stronger you become.

I've gone through enough for 5 lifetimes.
I'm strong enough.

I pray for 3 things.
Love
Peace and
Happiness

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me,
God gives you strength by putting you through difficult situations.
The more hard times you go through and come out of without cracking, the stronger you become.

I've gone through enough for 5 lifetimes.
I'm strong enough.

I pray for 3 things.
Love
Peace and
Happiness
God tempts no man. An enemy hath done this. Both of these principles are from the words of Jesus. He is not the source of anything bad but only good. He has promised to be with us no matter where we are or what we face. Remember He is not willing that any should perish. We all struggle with both the choices we make and the choices others make and those random events as a result of sin (willful and broken connection with God). I hesitate to blame God for those things I do not see clearly or understand as a lesson from the book of Job.

I continue to pray for and wish you all well in the muck of this experience we call life!

One of my young friends could not take this life any longer and put an end to himself Monday. God was in no way responsible for the evil that caused this young Marine to end his life. I do believe God was there with him regardless of the poor choices he made trying to win him back to love and trust until the very end. I am comforted by the thought that God is the righteous judge and he loved my young friend to the point of giving up His life so my young friend might be able to choose life eternal. The outcome is up to God not me...as He alone knows the heart and mind of my friend. I take comfort in the fact that God was particularly fond of Shane.

God is particularly fond of all of you as well!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something a little happier? I cleaned up the glass and took a few quick pictures. Only 2 came out fairly decent but it does give an idea of how the tank is filling in. And, for those fairly new to my build thread, that Hippo Tang is around 8" long to put size in perspective.

Left side.jpg

Right Side.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back